• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Registry Set Awards 2015

130 posts in this topic

Congrats :golfclap:to all the winners. Another year goes by without a purple, though.... :mad:

Haha. It is all good.

I refuse to add 9.6 or lower to my Swamp Thing set to get to 100%.

Looking forward to new additions this coming year (thumbs u

I answered a question I always wondered about; what's more important having all the issues in a set (aka most registry points) or can you miss one issue but have complete front/back pics and descriptions and still win? Nope, it's all based on registry points, o well. Link.

Congrats everyone!

Jerome

I answered a question I always wondered about; what's more important having all the issues in a set (aka most registry points) or can you miss one issue but have complete front/back pics and descriptions and still win? Nope, it's all based on registry points, o well. Link.

Congrats everyone!

Jerome

That's a nice set you have there! I have one in a similar position...

To paraphrase Brucie... "What do registry points make...? Prizes!"

;)

Congrats everyone!

Jerome

;)

Thanks, I have to wait for a VLP #1 9.9 to appear and sub my own #2 so it's been slowed to a halt recently lol

Jerome

Congrats everyone!

Jerome

;)

Thanks, I have to wait for a VLP #1 9.9 to appear and sub my own #2 so it's been slowed to a halt recently lol

Jerome

Although the scenario you mention can see you win best modern set etc :)

Congrats everyone!

Jerome

Winning a set award might be all about registry points, but I know it isn't true for the age awards.

From what I'm seeing, winning an age award has everything to do with set completion...at least for the Modern Age.

By the way, congrats to the winners! I'm looking forward to going over all the winning sets. People have really taken presentation to the next level! The HTML thing is a great touch. :applause:

Curious how a set can win without pics and descriptions. Let alone take spot 1. Seems crazy.

Winning an award is more subjective than grading. :gossip:

Congratulations to Mike for his INSANE Avengers set and to Michael for his BEAUTIFUL set!!

&

ALL THE WINNERS!!!

Thx Eric! Yeah am proud of my Avengers run but did not expect it to garner a Best Silver Age set award so am stoked!! :whee:

Congrats everyone!

Jerome

Winning a set award might be all about registry points, but I know it isn't true for the age awards.

From what I'm seeing, winning an age award has everything to do with set completion...at least for the Modern Age.

By the way, congrats to the winners! I'm looking forward to going over all the winning sets. People have really taken presentation to the next level! The HTML thing is a great touch. :applause:

My set took a lot of work and was purely for my own enjoyment. Personally I just wanted my Revival set to look the best it could so I could show it off to those friends of mine who have no more than a passing interest in comics :cool:

I honestly didn't expect an award and was over the moon when I saw it had won. :cloud9: