• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Marvel Mystery 46

17 posts in this topic

Purchased from original owner Recil Macon in 1990. Have sold a number of these books over the years and am thinking of Sending to CGC. Opinions on this one??

mm46jpg_zpszrlbbhky.jpg

mm46ajpg_zpsrgazvcup.jpg

The back cover pulls it down a bit ( but better that than the front). Are those chips out at the bottom of the spine and a small split? Even if they are I wouldn't go lower than 6.5, and probably still a 7.0

Gorgeous eye appeal and extra bonus points for Recil not writing his name all over this one.

No Spine splits, book actually looks better in person,(The scanner seems to magnify the shading on the back cover.) There is a small blunting nick at the bottom of the spine.

Sorry my mistake, if you were talking about the 2 spots on the top back cover, they are more indention than chip, The is a very small tear( 1/8 inch) on the left side of the back cover.

No they are not chips, somehow the scanner seems to be magnifying the slightly darker areas, and making it appear there are physical defects.

Okay, then I revise my grade upward. 7.5 with a shot at 8.0

I think its a 6.5 from what I can see. Looks like a bit of paper loss on the B.C. top outside corner. Still a beautiful front cover with great color.

I also have some concerns about the breaks in the black line down the spine on the back cover pics. Those areas seem a bit too white compared to the rest of the back cover.