• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official New Mutants Movie News
1 1

485 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - they were not kidding.  It's really a mutant themed horror flick.  It's definitely an original concept but I'll have to see more to see if I'll go see it since I really don't like horror flicks.

Says the guy with the IT avatar...

I'm not going to pass judgment based on 2 minutes, but it looks like an interesting premise. I'd rather see this than another bland X-Men movie where villain <insert name here> is a mutant who wants to destroy all humans for <insert reason here> but is thwarted in the end as the team comes together / all mutants band together. (Also throw in plot points where the team breaks up / fights with each other.)

I realize that sounds like at least one, if not two other superhero franchises, but given all of the different source material and characters X-Men could draw from, it makes the final product more disappointing.

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

Says the guy with the IT avatar...

I'm not going to pass judgment based on 2 minutes, but it looks like an interesting premise. I'd rather see this than another bland X-Men movie where villain <insert name here> is a mutant who wants to destroy all humans for <insert reason here> but is thwarted in the end as the team comes together / all mutants band together. (Also throw in plot points where the team breaks up / fights with each other.)

I realize that sounds like at least one, if not two other superhero franchises, but given all of the different source material and characters X-Men could draw from, it makes the final product more disappointing.

Touche.  I don't mind scary/suspenseful movies or shows like IT or Legion.  I'm not into true horror flicks like to Conjuring. 

It's definitely going down the path of being unique, while gravitating towards the superhero genre due to the characters involved.

And I have to agree, the source material matches what we are seeing. A horror story involving youngsters taking on a brutal adversary.

'New Mutants' Director Reveals Connection to X-Men Universe, Future Characters

new-mutants-deadpool-1038248-640x320.jpg

While speaking with IGN, Boone was asked if other well-known mutants would pop up his film. "I can't... there's some things I can't talk about," Boone began. "I can just say it is connected to and a part of the X-Men universe, and will continue to be a part of the X-Men universe and will be a part of that as it opens up in the next movies and all that."

"Every video complains online about characters that aren't in it right now," Boone added. "I will say we're going to introduce new characters in the next movie as well. Characters like Karma and Warlock, and all that will be in future movies."

I'm ridiculously in for this!

Impressed that Fox has framed this as a straight horror film. So refreshing when I was expecting "Junior X-Men 7."

Fox made motions towards horror with the last FF film but then lost the courage to see it through, ending up with disjointed weak sauce.

Now I've got to go read Demon Bear...

14 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Looked great. Dr. Reyes looks very creepy in this. Don't know if that's good or bad.

Showed to my teenagers who liked the 1st trailer good beginning.

Showed it to my wife and she said "Wow - is that a Marvel flick?  Looks pretty cool"  Seems like the casual fan is liking the direction of the teaser.

THE NEW MUTANTS Gets A Couple Of Intriguing New Teasers Which Might Reference Maisie Williams' Wolfsbane

CXhwHaG.png

mwcR9hE.png

They're very brief (actually more like gifs), but the imagery and accompanying text has led to speculation that they might be referencing Rahne Sinclair, a.k.a. Wolfsbane, who will be played by Game of Thrones actress Maisie Williams.

Rahne is a deeply religious girl who has led a very sheltered life, and this could explain the crucifixes and the "sins of our past". In addition, "some things can't be caged" seems like a more obvious reference to the beast Sinclair becomes when she unleashes her rage.

The New Mutants is set to hit theatres next April.

'New Mutants' Teasers Hint At X-Men Spinoff Movie's Villain

20th Century Fox has released several more installments in their series of short character teases for The New Mutants.

We’ve previously covered the teasers for Wolfsbane (Maisie Williams) and Cannonball (Charlie Heaton). The new teasers seem to be each dedicated to one of the three remaining New Mutants characters.

The New Mutants opens April 13, 2018. Other upcoming X-Men movies include the untitled Deadpool sequel on June 1, 2018, X-Men: Dark Phoenix on November 2, 2018, and Gambit on February 14, 2019.

'The New Mutants' Promo Image Pays Homage To AC/DC's 'Highway To Hell'

The promo campaign for Fox's The New Mutants is in full swing, and their newest promo image might be the best yet.

The photo was shared by New Mutants director Josh Boone. It shows the film's teenage ensemble making poses that perfectly resemble the album cover for AC/DC's classic album Highway to Hell.

The photo shows Roberto da Costa/Sunspot (Henry Zaga) and Illyana Rasputin/Magik (Anya Taylor Joy) in the front, with Magik appearing to hold an awesome stuffed version of Lockheed. Beside them are Danielle Moonstar/Mirage (Blu Hunt), Rahne Sinclair/Wolfsbane (Maisie Williams), and Sam Guthrie/Cannonball (Charlie Heaton), all giving their best apathetic teenager faces.

'The New Mutants': Magik Wields Her Soulsword in New Teaser Description

new-mutants-magik-1064778-640x320.jpg

A mutant’s signature weapon made its first appearance in a new teaser for The New Mutants shown at Comic Con Experience 2017 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

The teaser was shown during a panel presentation by 20th Century Fox. Universo X-Men provided a description of the panel, which we’ve translated using Google Translate with a bit of finesse and common sense:

The clip begins with the film’s five leads – Magik (Anya Taylor-Joy), Mirage (Blu Hunt), Sunspot (Henry Zaga), Wolfsbane (Maisie Williams), and Sunspot (Charlie Heaton) – in an abandoned hospital room with a chair and a lie detector. They decide to play a game to get to know each other better but are all actually reluctant to talk about their pasts.

However, Magik, as seen in this teaser, is much more confident and rebellious than she appeared in the first The New Mutants trailer that was released to the public. She decides to start the game herself and reveals that her mutant power “Killed 18 men. One by one.”

The teaser then cuts to a scene of Magik turning and her arm becoming covered in metal with an effect similar to that of Colossus, her mutant brother, from the original X-Men trilogy. In her hand is sword covered in blue flame.

This armor is Magik’s soul armor and her sword is the Soulsword. These are mystical weapons that she gained through her torturous tutelage under the demonic Belasco, lord of the hell dimension of Limbo. These are Magik’s signature items and they are vital to the plot of the “The Demon Bear Saga,” the story on which the New Mutants movie is based.

This is sounding  better and better the more details come out.

'The New Mutants' Are Being Watched in New Teaser

The latest of 21st Century Fox's The New Mutants teasers has debuted - and it hints at the unique situation the film's cast is being put in. The teaser, which technically is more of a motion poster, shows Dr. Cecilia Reyes (Alice Braga) watching a series of monitors. The one in the bottom right corner begins to move, although it's not quite clear what's happening on that screen.

As the first trailer for New Mutants showed, the teenage cast will be kept in a secret facility, with Reyes being the main employee that they agree with. The caption proclaims to "keep your friends close, and your doctors closer", hinting that Reyes might not be able to be trusted as the film goes on.