• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official New Mutants Movie News
1 1

485 posts in this topic

The New Mutants Cast Assembles In Boston

Nl7VyxD.jpg

The New Mutants assemble! OK, that’s not exactly their rallying cry, but you get the picture.

Actors from Fox’s latest spinoff of the X-Men franchise snapped a picture together for social media while out and about in Boston. The photo features Henry Zaga, Maisie Williams, and Charlie Heaton, with Blu Hunt also tagged yet not seen. The actors will play Sunspot, Wolfsbane, Cannonball, and Dani Moonstar respectively. It's pretty cool to see stars from HBO's Game of Thrones and Netflix's Stranger Things and 13 Reasons Why all hanging out in the same photo, gearing us up for the awesomeness that will be New Mutants.

Josh Boone, who directed the Fault In Our Stars, is set to start production with the cast and crew of the film on July 10 with a release date in the spring of 2018.

NEW MUTANTS Director Josh Boone Confirms That Production On The X-MEN Spinoff Is Set To Kick-Off Today

SMMAYFa.jpg

We've already seen some Instagram photos of the New Mutants cast members spending time together in Boston ahead of filming, and director Josh Boone has now confirmed that he'll begin shooting the X-Men spinoff today.

Boone shared the following pic to his own Instagram page, and it features a custom clapperboard presented to him by cinematographer Peter Deming. "Growing Pains" is the film's working title, and he's included an image of the cast of that TV show along with an appropriately modified logo.

NEW MUTANTS Director Josh Boone Unveils The X-MEN Spinoff's Bloody Logo As Production Winds Down

LdG49Yu.png

As 20th Century FOX's New Mutants movie prepares to wrap production, director Josh Boone has taken to Instagram to announce that they've entered into the final week of shooting. His post also provides a first glimpse of the film's bloody logo - though chances are this won't be the final title treatment.

Boone has previously stated that his X-Men spinoff would be a “full-fledged horror movie", and this logo definitely seems to suggest that he wasn't exaggerating.

New Mutants is set to hit theaters on April 13, 2018.

Is there any way this will be good?  I just can't wrap my head around a horror x-men flick.  I really want it to succeed but each time I hear anything about it I don't get a good feeling.

Cast Of 'New Mutants' Celebrates End Of Filming

ep82xI1.png

ss4IFQ6.png

The X-Men films are shaping up nicely for 2018 as their next spinoff recently wrapped principal photography according to the director and cast’s posts to social media. New Mutants has been filming in Boston over the last few months with director Josh Boone at the helm, and now the latest X-Men spinoff has finished filming for the time being.

After the success of Deadpool, Logan, and the TV show Legion, X-Men franchise producer Lauren Schuler Donner has been open to allowing the spinoffs dwell in different genres.

Boone pitched New Mutants to be a teen-centric horror film in the vein of Stephen King classics. Though details about the film’s plot and tone have been kept under wraps, the horror vibe was seemingly confirmed with a simple picture of the film’s slate which showed the classic New Mutants logo splattered with blood.

After the success of 'IT' at the box office, if Fox can get this right between a horror and superhero team this could end up yet another Fox/Marvel success story.

Wow - they were not kidding.  It's really a mutant themed horror flick.  It's definitely an original concept but I'll have to see more to see if I'll go see it since I really don't like horror flicks.

I'm not sure why people are surprised, the Demon Bear storyline was essentially a horror story. The vibe of this teaser seems in line with my recollections of those spooky Sienkiewicz-covered New Mutants issues. Who needs another cookie cutter superhero movie? I'm 100% onboard with this.

Just saw the trailer.  Like most of the previous comments...this was not what I expected.

What I was expecting:  Colorful, PG or PG13 vibe,...more along the lines of an X-Men movie.

What I got:  Dark, R-rated,...more along the lines of "The Ring" movie vibe.

Personally I didn't like it.  But it is the first trailer and hopefully it will morph as time goes on.  I just can't see it as a "horror" movie since this will be the team that Cable will eventually lead(?).

8 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Just saw the trailer.  Like most of the previous comments...this was not what I expected.

What I was expecting:  Colorful, PG or PG13 vibe,...more along the lines of an X-Men movie.

What I got:  Dark, R-rated,...more along the lines of "The Ring" movie vibe.

Personally I didn't like it.  But it is the first trailer and hopefully it will morph as time goes on.  I just can't see it as a "horror" movie since this will be the team that Cable will eventually lead(?).

I don't think this will be the team that Cable will eventually lead, although I guess one or two characters from the movie could make it into the X-Force in the future.  I think X-Force will have Cable, Domino (likely from Deadpool 2), X-23, not Thunderbird (he's on Gifted), Wolfsbane (masie), someone else from new mutants, someone from the xmen (young storm?), and maybe another character or two we haven't seen yet.  If she's still popular after that, X-23 can get her own movie.

I like that its not just an X-men movie with different people.  Yes there will probably be some people who don't go see it because its horror, but at this point I like that FOX is doing genre movies/tv with comic characters, as opposed to straight comic characters.  That's been their recent trend and its been successful.  Horror was coming eventually.  What would be cool is if Legion made a cameo in the credits or something.

Deadpool - Gory Comedy, epically profitable

Logan - Tragic Western, beloved

Days of Future Past - Time Travel, good enough!

Apocalypse - Pile of excrement (and not successful, except in China)

First Class - More traditional, but set in the 60's, so that's kinda cool

Legion - sci fi/horror light. critical hit.

Gifted - Family Action Drama, somewhat traditional.  People are watching it.

It won't be long until we get a comic romantic comedy or teenage Shakespearean type remake with comic characters (Clueless? 10 things I hate about you?). 

What I would love is a very weird sitcom with Xmen characters, like You're the Worst, or Curb, or Baskets.  Just like another show, but some of the characters happen to be mutants, but its not like the emphasis of the show.

3 minutes ago, revat said:

I don't think this will be the team that Cable will eventually lead, although I guess one or two characters from the movie could make it into the X-Force in the future.  I think X-Force will have Cable, Domino (likely from Deadpool 2), X-23, not Thunderbird (he's on Gifted), Wolfsbane (masie), someone else from new mutants, someone from the xmen (young storm?), and maybe another character or two we haven't seen yet.  If she's still popular after that, X-23 can get her own movie.

I like that its not just an X-men movie with different people.  Yes there will probably be some people who don't go see it because its horror, but at this point I like that FOX is doing genre movies/tv with comic characters, as opposed to straight comic characters.  That's been their recent trend and its been successful.  Horror was coming eventually.  What would be cool is if Legion made a cameo in the credits or something.

Deadpool - Gory Comedy, epically profitable

Logan - Tragic Western, beloved

Days of Future Past - Time Travel, good enough!

Apocalypse - Pile of excrement (and not successful, except in China)

First Class - More traditional, but set in the 60's, so that's kinda cool

Legion - sci fi/horror light. critical hit.

Gifted - Family Action Drama, somewhat traditional.  People are watching it.

It won't be long until we get a comic romantic comedy or teenage Shakespearean type remake with comic characters (Clueless? 10 things I hate about you?). 

What I would love is a very weird sitcom with Xmen characters, like You're the Worst, or Curb, or Baskets.  Just like another show, but some of the characters happen to be mutants, but its not like the emphasis of the show.

Cloak and Dagger may fit into your next step.  The preview didn't look very funny but did look very Shakespearean star crossed love story.

I rewatched the video at lunch and I'm feeling better about it.  I'm interested to see how the connect the characters mutant powers into the story line and do like the Legion mental out of control feel to it.