• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

Rumored Changes To Main Guardians Of Galaxy Team In Sequel

According to a new report at Geek.com, the team lineup in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will grow by three members.

The report suggests that Guardians of the Galaxy antagonists Yondu (Michael Rooker) and Nebula (Karen Gillan) will join up with Peter Quill and company in the sequel, joined by Mantis.

Mantis, an on-again/off-again member of the Guardians in the comics, has long been rumored as the big female addition to the team's lineup. Pom Klementieff is rumored to be taking on the role.

According to a new report at Geek.com, the team lineup in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will grow by three members.

The report suggests that Guardians of the Galaxy antagonists Yondu (Michael Rooker) and Nebula (Karen Gillan) will join up with Peter Quill and company in the sequel, joined by Mantis.

Mantis, an on-again/off-again member of the Guardians in the comics, has long been rumored as the big female addition to the team's lineup. Pom Klementieff is rumored to be taking on the role.

What!? :o No "original" members! Very disappointed. How could they not introduce Vance? What with his Captain America ties. Yes, I know Yondu was an original, but I don't recognize him now.

What!? :o No "original" members! Very disappointed. How could they not introduce Vance? What with his Captain America ties. Yes, I know Yondu was an original, but I don't recognize him now.

'team lineup in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will grow by three members' must mean something different in Ohio.

:baiting:

I'm still betting on Starhawk to be Peter's father.

What about Starfox(Eros)? Could work in an Eternals tie-in. You know he likes the ladies. (shrug)

What about Starfox(Eros)? Could work in an Eternals tie-in. You know he likes the ladies. (shrug)

The original members of the team include Major Vance Astro (later known as Major Victory), an astronaut from the 20th century Earth who spends a thousand years travelling to Alpha Centauri in suspended animation. Other original team members are Martinex T'Naga, a crystalline being from Pluto; Captain Charlie-27, a soldier from Jupiter; and Yondu Udonta, a blue-skinned "noble savage" from Centauri-IV (the fourth planet orbiting the star Alpha Centauri B). Each is apparently the last of their kind and they are forced to unite as a team against the actions of the Badoon, an alien race which attempts to conquer Earth's solar system.

Since the movie version of Yondu will be appearing as part of the new team, I guess that would be one of the original characters.

nRhWj4PxjdIl.jpg

The original members of the team include Major Vance Astro (later known as Major Victory), an astronaut from the 20th century Earth who spends a thousand years travelling to Alpha Centauri in suspended animation. Other original team members are Martinex T'Naga, a crystalline being from Pluto; Captain Charlie-27, a soldier from Jupiter; and Yondu Udonta, a blue-skinned "noble savage" from Centauri-IV (the fourth planet orbiting the star Alpha Centauri B). Each is apparently the last of their kind and they are forced to unite as a team against the actions of the Badoon, an alien race which attempts to conquer Earth's solar system.

Since the movie version of Yondu will be appearing as part of the new team, I guess that would be one of the original characters.

nRhWj4PxjdIl.jpg

But, he's not Hellboy. Where is the fin?

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Villains And Star-Lord's Father Have Been Cast

During a Twitter Q&A with fans yesterday, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 writer/director James Gunn confirmed that, yes, both the film's villain and Star-Lord's father have been cast for the sequel.

One fan's question as to whether it took more than one actor to cast those two roles wasn't answered.

The notion that the role or roles have been filled isn't all that surprising when you consider that James Gunn has been teasing table reads and early rehearsals with members of the cast on social media this week.

James Gunn Confirms No Thanos In Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

In response to a fan on Facebook asking if there would actually be more Thanos in the sequel this past weekend, Gunn responded, “No. He's not in the film.” Gunn also added, “There's no sadness. I chose the story to tell in Vol. 2 because it's the story I wanted to tell! It just happens not to include Thanos. And I've answered honestly because I've answered it before.”

Back in January, Gunn also confirmed that he had sent essentially the final draft of the -script to the cast, so it’s unlikely that there would be a revision to add Thanos at this point. Gunn and several cast members have even already started doing rehearsals in Atlanta, so other than the slight changes that can sometimes happen during shooting, the -script appears to be pretty much set.