• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

Chris Pratt And Kurt Russell Will Have Jaw-Dropping Scene In Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

"We just shot a scene with Chris Pratt and Kurt Russell," Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn said at the beginning of his live stream on Facebook from the set of the upcoming Marvel Studios film. "I cannot show you - they are in their costumes - but it was magnificent and really exciting."

Gunn's girlfriend, actress Jen Holland agreed with his excitement over the scene with Pratt and Russell, saying, "Loved it. I think it's gonna be great."

"About an hour ago, I was sitting with Chris [Pratt] and I said, 'You know what, we're really truly blessed that we have this group of people around us,'" Gunn says."We're working with Kurt Russell who has been an absolute delight."

I love how this cast just seems to pull together and have a good time with the filming.

James Gunn Shares Cryptic GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 Storyboard; Does It Hint At The Identity Of 'Star Lord's' Father?

opi9QvD.jpg

lol

hqdefault.jpg

While the first Guardians movie was in production Gunn shared plenty of set photos of side characters and extras in costume as well as tonnes of other tidbits. Today, Gunn took to his official Facebook page to share a rough and comically drawn storyboard with the caption, "Another Wednesday, another shot we just shot from one of my original thumbnails. I don't think you'll ever guess what this one is, at least not until the film comes out (but I know that won't stop you from trying)".

Sweet! :cloud9:

...now I know who's 1st appearances I can no longer afford lol

Ain't that the truth, even though Adam Warlock hasn't even been talked about prices have gone up, likewise Moon Knight :screwy:

James Gunn conducting another Facebook Live event answered anything asked - including did he like kids, Beatles or Rolling Stones, or does he steal props from his movies.

Guardians of the Galaxy's James Gunn Picks Superman to Beat The Hulk

Saying that the Man of Steel is "much more powerful than The Hulk," James Gunn told fans during a Facebook Live Q&A today that he believed DC's powerhouse would shut down Marvel's Jade Giant, to the dismay of Marvel-loving meme-creators the internet over.

The comment came in response to a fan question, and is indicative of Gunn's general comic book fandom, which tends to transcend the very focused fandom of many people who work on superhero movies. For the umpteenth time, he also praised Watchmen as his favorite graphic novel -- while acknowledging that it isn't really a graphic novel but a series of comics -- and The Joker as his favorite supervillain of all time.

James Gunn on Fantastic Four, His Favorite Actors, The Aquaman Movie, and More

"I probably wouldn't add Ben Grimm to the Guardians team even if they were a part of the MCU," Gunn said. "And of course I would love the FF to be a part of the MCU...Fox owns so many great villains and cosmic characters I would love to play around with including Annihilus -- and I think they own Kang."

He also said that he'd love to add ROM Spaceknight to the team if he could (but that's not in the cards since Marvel doesn't own the rights).

When asked about the upcoming Aquaman movie, James Gunn stated 'James Wan on directing Aquaman - definitely looking forward to that. Definitely!'

Nathan Fillion Is SPOILER in GUARDIANS VOL. 2

Fan favorite Firefly star Nathan Fillion is Simon Williams, a.k.a. Wonder Man, in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

In the Marvel Comics Universe, Simon Williams is a former member of the Masters of Evil, and brother of villain the Grim Reaper, who reformed and joined the Avengers. Williams eventually retired from the Avengers to pursue an acting career. He was later dragged back into the Avengers’ active roster, despite becoming a pacifist, as a member of the Avengers Unity Division. He paid the ultimate price while defending the Earth from the Apocalypse Twins.

Photos provided to ComicBook.com by Jonathan Hunter show Fillion’s face on several mock movie posters surrounding a theater in Cartersville, Ga. The theater’s marquee reveals the theater is hosting a Simon Williams movie festival. The posters range in tone from romantic comedy Oh, Rebecca, to a Conan-esque poster for a movie about Conan-esque Marvel Comics character Arkon, and a Steve Jobs style poster for a biopic about Tony Stark, all starring Williams.

RvyKUA1.jpg

:o

Holy mess. :o

That means GotG will be at least momentarily Earth-based.

You know, I actually completely forgot about that character existed, but he's damn cool. It's amazing that Marvel is willing to pull out these more obscure characters and give them (hopefully) prominent and important roles.