• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

I wonder if this could become the top grossing Marvel movie yet?

The trailer is great and should battle with the Batman Lego movie for the top film with kids in 2017.

Edited by kimik

I wonder if this could become the top grossing Marvel movie yet?

The trailer is great and should battle with the Batman Lego movie for the top film with kids in 2017.

Definitely. I really enjoyed that trailer, and it has surpassed Lego Batman for me

Both films will be fun to watch this year, but GotG could be a box office monster.

At his current trajectory Chris Pratt is/will become a top 5 male lead in Hollywood. He is even able to shine turds like the Magnificent Seven. lol

If GotG 2 tops the Jurassic World worldwide and domestic totals then Disney will be laughing all the way to the bank as they will have the GotG, Avengers and Star Wars franchises to drive even more billions annually for the studio division.

Edited by kimik

Both films will be fun to watch this year, but GotG could be a box office monster.

At his current trajectory Chris Pratt is/will become a top 5 male lead in Hollywood. He is even able to shine turds like the Magnificent Seven. lol

If GotG 2 tops the Jurassic World worldwide and domestic totals then Disney will be laughing all the way to the bank as they will have the GotG, Avengers and Star Wars franchises to drive even more billions annually for the studio division.

That's a bit of a stretch. Civil War couldn't reach AoU or even IM 3, so I doubt GOTG 2 will reach JW totals. I'm certain it pass 1 billion, but I don't see it bringing in 2x GOTG 1. Anything is possible with Disney though. The new trailer has certainly got every viewer hooked, line & sinker. I just really hope Gunn will come back for GOTG 3. I can't imagine it being as good without him.

Vin Diesel Says Rocket And Groot Movie A Possibility After Infinity War

guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-rocket-raccoon-baby-groot-215390.png

Vin Diesel voices the popular character Groot for the franchise, and he is reprising that role in Vol. 2. While promoting his new movie, XxX: The Return Of Xander Cage, Diesel took some time to speak with the folks over at Screen Junkies. During the interview, they asked him about the possibility of Groot teaming up with a character like Spider-Man in the future.

While Diesel didn't directly answer that, he did let fans know that another buddy team-up could be in the works.

"I think if it's up to James Gunn, you're going to see a Groot/Rocket movie."

:o

Feige did tell James Gunn before Guardians #1 if it was a hit, he could write his own ticket.

:wishluck:

I've been highly critical of the Marvel movies but even I have to admit this looks solid.

They have a big blockbuster in the making with Baby Groot

I suspect this will be the biggest superhero blockbuster of 2017 at the box office.

Wonder Woman :sumo:

while this will do great, it's still science fiction, and unfortunately that doesn't bring everyone in.

I've been highly critical of the Marvel movies but even I have to admit this looks solid.

I suspect this will be the biggest superhero blockbuster of 2017 at the box office.

while this will do great, it's still science fiction, and unfortunately that doesn't bring everyone in.

:gossip: Avatar, Star Wars

:gossip: Avatar, Star Wars

So, what category would you put Wonder Woman in? Just fiction? It must be the hot chicks in short shorts & mini skirts that bring in the viewers I guess. (shrug)

I think GotG2 will beat WW, but maybe not by much. WW will follow the trajectory of most of the better single hero comic movies, but will not reach Dark Knight levels. I am guessing $700 mil. to $750 mil. Most important it will prove a female hero can carry a comic movie with the general public.

GotG was just shy of $775 mil., I think 2 will do better (which will buck the trend of most sequels) and bring in between $850 mil. and $900 mil., but it has a fair chance (if it is great) of hitting 1 billion. It is a team movie and the overall trend clearly shows team movies outperform single hero movies.

OK, I am on the record now!!!

Wishful thinking for WW.

Wonder Woman is being released on June 2nd & competition will be tough.

June 9th: The Mummy (Tom Cruise),

June 16th: Cars 3,

June 20th: Transformers: The Last Knight,

June 27th: Despicable Me 3

GotG2 will almost certainly gross over a Billion in worldwide box office.

I think GotG2 will beat WW, but maybe not by much. WW will follow the trajectory of most of the better single hero comic movies, but will not reach Dark Knight levels. I am guessing $700 mil. to $750 mil. Most important it will prove a female hero can carry a comic movie with the general public.

GotG was just shy of $775 mil., I think 2 will do better (which will buck the trend of most sequels) and bring in between $850 mil. and $900 mil., but it has a fair chance (if it is great) of hitting 1 billion. It is a team movie and the overall trend clearly shows team movies outperform single hero movies.

OK, I am on the record now!!!

(thumbs u

Ironically, I think the fact that GotG 2 is more of a science fiction film is an advantage. I think there is some comic fatigue setting in, not to the point where the movies will not do well, but enough that it will keep movie from going nuts financially. GotG on its surface is not a comic movie, despite its Marvel origins, and ties to the Marvel Universe. There has not been much good SciFi lately, but despite what a few others have said, many of the highest grossing movies ever are SciFi; Star Wars, Avatar, Transformers (even if you hate them), even Jurassic park to an extent.

That's a bit of a stretch. Civil War couldn't reach AoU or even IM 3, so I doubt GOTG 2 will reach JW totals. I'm certain it pass 1 billion, but I don't see it bringing in 2x GOTG 1. Anything is possible with Disney though. The new trailer has certainly got every viewer hooked, line & sinker. I just really hope Gunn will come back for GOTG 3. I can't imagine it being as good without him.

I think that GotG2 will do better than Civil War, and has a decent shot at topping AoU and IM3, due to the franchise's popularity now. The first GotG was held back by the fact that it was an unknown entity at the time. I had plenty of friends that did not see it as a result of that. Add in a more popular Chris Pratt for the ladies and Baby Groot for the kids, and this film has more widespread appeal potential than the first one did.

The only major competitor for GotG2 in May will potentially be the latest Pirate's of the Carribean flick two and a half weeks later (why Disney would do two major releases in the same month is a bit puzzling), but that franchise is not what it used to be.

I agree with you re: Gunn. If he leaves it will be tough to replace what he has pulled together with the franchise.