• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

Both films will be fun to watch this year, but GotG could be a box office monster.

At his current trajectory Chris Pratt is/will become a top 5 male lead in Hollywood. He is even able to shine turds like the Magnificent Seven. lol

If GotG 2 tops the Jurassic World worldwide and domestic totals then Disney will be laughing all the way to the bank as they will have the GotG, Avengers and Star Wars franchises to drive even more billions annually for the studio division.

That's a bit of a stretch. Civil War couldn't reach AoU or even IM 3, so I doubt GOTG 2 will reach JW totals. I'm certain it pass 1 billion, but I don't see it bringing in 2x GOTG 1. Anything is possible with Disney though. The new trailer has certainly got every viewer hooked, line & sinker. I just really hope Gunn will come back for GOTG 3. I can't imagine it being as good without him.

I think that GotG2 will do better than Civil War, and has a decent shot at topping AoU and IM3, due to the franchise's popularity now. The first GotG was held back by the fact that it was an unknown entity at the time. I had plenty of friends that did not see it as a result of that. Add in a more popular Chris Pratt for the ladies and Baby Groot for the kids, and this film has more widespread appeal potential than the first one did.

The only major competitor for GotG2 in May will potentially be the latest Pirate's of the Carribean flick two and a half weeks later (why Disney would do two major releases in the same month is a bit puzzling), but that franchise is not what it used to be.

I agree with you re: Gunn. If he leaves it will be tough to replace what he has pulled together with the franchise.

Actually, POTC is out May 26th & GotG2 is out May 5th (3 weeks).

POTC will probably create addition box office competition for Wonder Woman.

Also, with the high US dollar, foreign currency exchange might hurt GotG2 worldwide box office.

Wife didn't like Fox on the Run and for the life of me I cant remember that song in the 80s for some reason and I was a junior when it came out.

I think GoG2 could be a monster if can drag in more parents. My kids loved the beginning to GoG and I have admit that skit at the beginning in the cave was brilliant. I look forward to this one with Baby Groot. Really interested in seeing how the tie "Her" into this.

I am still amazed all my characters that I grew up with are all showing up on the screen. It truly is a "Golden Age" for us true comic book fans. :headbang:

Edited by Fastballspecial

Uh no. Han Solo is a space cowboy, of the likes of John Wayne or Clint Eastwood.

This Starlord is more like LoneStarr

it is disrespectful to Han Solo to compare him with the likes of a racist like John Wayne.

Uh no. Han Solo is a space cowboy, of the likes of John Wayne or Clint Eastwood.

it is disrespectful to Han Solo to compare him with the likes of a racist like John Wayne.

It's an analogy, and while I can't agree or disagree with you because all I know about John Wayne is that he was a popular actor portraying cowboys, Han Solo is a fictional character and doesn't have any feelings about being compared to anyone.

I'll go a step further and state that people who look for racism will always find it.

How you can go to seeing John Wayne = Racism, and not John Wayne = Loudmouth tough guy who is an actor of cowboys, is beyond me.

Considering his point in time was completely different than this one, sure, I guess he can be perceived as racist, I again admit my ignorance since I really haven't paid attention to him as an actor, person, or characters he's portrayed.

The guy died in '79 for crying out loud.

I think you are confusing the actor with the characters he played.

I think he is comparing the character to the characters Wayne and Clint Eastwood played not the actors themselves. Which is a whole different discussion.

Edited by Fastballspecial

I'll go a step further and state that people who look for racism will always find it.

How you can go to seeing John Wayne = Racism, and not John Wayne = Loudmouth tough guy who is an actor of cowboys, is beyond me.

Considering his point in time was completely different than this one, sure, I guess he can be perceived as racist, I again admit my ignorance since I really haven't paid attention to him as an actor, person, or characters he's portrayed.

He made some comments in the early 70s that weren't very nice about minorities. Political correctness wasn't used back then and even if it was I doubt Mr. Wayne would have used it at all.

He made some comments in the early 70s that weren't very nice about minorities. Political correctness wasn't used back then and even if it was I doubt Mr. Wayne would have used it at all.

I'd just like to know why in this day and age that's the first card some people pull.

Could Randau Be The Missing Guardians Of The Galaxy Easter Egg?

weNTpCa.png

It has been a couple years since Guardians of the Galaxy first hit theaters, and fans of the film are still scouring the movie for easter eggs. After all, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is known for its interconnected teasers and obscure comic book nods. However, fans were sent on a treasure hunting frenzy when director James Gunn confessed there was one major easter egg in Guardians of the Galaxy that no one has discovered yet.

In a recent video, MasterTainment told fans he had sussed out the answer to Gunn’s goose chase. He asked fans to recall a scene in the film where The Collector is observing his specimens who are all sequestered into glass prisons. In one of the shots, fans were convinced Gunn had hidden a Beta Ray Bill teaser as an alien prisoner could be seen hunched over in his cell with his back turned to moviegoers. Gunn said the man was most certainly not Beta Ray Bill, leaving fans to move along in the their search, but MasterTainment says the man is still important.

In fact, the alien might just be Randau.

3564001-terrax023.jpg

Very much looking forward to this. The trailer played on the big screen and was the lead in trailer to Rogue One and the crowd went nuts. I could not gauge which got the biggest reaction, the "push the button" scene or the "Drax making fun of Peter's love for Gamora talk" with Mantis.

There is a lot of expectation for this movie and from the looks of the trailer it will deliver.

Man, Marvel is absolutely killing it with GOTG. Probably my favorite out of everything they've done and GOTG2 looks like it'll be more of the same. I remember when people were like "A GOTG movie, are you freaking kidding me? Nobody knows these characters!"...and I had just finished catching up on the Annihilation series and was stoked. Absolute home run.

So who's the lego figure with the golden locks and blue suit in the 76080 set?