• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 (5/5/17)
4 4

653 posts in this topic

Shortly after the first movie, somebody close to the movie (maybe Gunn, not sure), teased that starlord's father wouldn't be the same as the comics, but it was someone we have already seen. I'm fairly certain we haven't seen Ego before in the films, or have we? Maybe somewhere in some background?

GUARDIANS OF THE GALALXY 3 Will Happen With Or Without Gunn

Fans are anxious to see what the team of Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket Racoon, Baby Groot, and new member Mantis have been up to since the original film, but that hasn't stopped some from inquiring about a possible third entry in the series.

The question was posed to Guardian's Director James Gunn on Twitter, and while he seemed pretty confident that another sequel will eventually happen, he didn't seem so sure that he would be at the helm for it.

"GotG 3 will probably happen, but there's no real plans for it yet, and I haven't decided what I'm doing after 2."

Chris Pratt was the one to suggest Kurt Russell for Guardians Vol. 2

Casting Kurt Russell as Peter Quill's father in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 was one heck of an inspired choice, but it's a choice that James Gunn didn't even think to make until Chris Pratt suggested it to him. While discussing the upcoming Marvel sequel with Empire, Gunn spoke about Russell's casting.

"He was actually not in my head initially, but one day Chris suggested him, and I would have been really disappointed if he’d said no. Hey, if you have to cast anything, Kurt’s a pretty good way to go."

Peter Quill has been searching the universe for his father for quite some time, but their reunion won't be all sunshine and unicorn farts when he finally catches up with him in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2. Chris Pratt told Empire that "you’re going to see these characters having to endure the realities of being in a family, you’re talking about a guy who’s been longing to know who his father is for a long time. He’ll discover if that person lives up to the expectations he has in his head.”

I guess 'a fan' was so excited to see the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 pending trailer, he cursed James Gunn out on his Twitter account for not having it done sooner.

uhJwopv.png

Needless to say, that didn't make the trailer come sooner.

(:

I guess 'a fan' was so excited to see the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 pending trailer, he cursed James Gunn out on his Twitter account for not having it done sooner.

uhJwopv.png

(:

Seems like he could have released the trailer in the time it took to type all that. :devil:

uhJwopv.png

(:

Seems like he could have released the trailer in the time it took to type all that. :devil:

lol

You would think he is the George R.R. Martin of superhero films with this hounding.

:ohnoez:

James Gunn Offers Up Sneak Peek At Special Version Of The GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2 -script

iFXSSpZ.png

If you were under the impression that "I Am Groot!" is meaningless, think again! As you can see below, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 director James Gunn has taken to Twitter to share a sneak peek of a special version of the screenplay which only he and Vin Diesel have access to. In it, all of the sentient tree's lines are printed in English, something the rest of the movie's cast clearly isn't clued in on.

"The first movie was really about becoming a family. This movie is about being a family. And what's harder, becoming a family or being a family? I think it's being a family. That's where you really haven't to deal with each other. And that's what this movie is about. And their sisters. They are family, whether they like it or not. And they also want to kill each other, so it adds a new twist to being a sister."

Kurt Russell Teases Complex, Connected Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Story

Russell is doing press for his newest film Deepwater Horizon, but the actor did talk a bit about Guardians as well (via Collider).

“I was impressed with the stuff that I saw at Comic-Con, but they didn’t show you everything [laughs]. It’s a very complex story, and they really get into it. This is going to be one of the more—probably for Marvel, it’s more connected to human issues, family issues, parental issues, and issues that sons and daughters have with their moms and dads and their family tree, where they come from. I just think it’s going to be an interesting— Peter’s character in this one, he’s got dilemmas and he’s got decisions to make that are not just about whether to save that thing or that person. This is about finding out who you are, where you come from, and where you’re going.”

It's one thing to be in the middle of the process, but Russell was also quite impressed at what Director James Gunn and the rest of the post-production crew had built around the original scenes.

“I thought it looked great too. I was really impressed with it, really impressed with it. I mean, believe me, from knowing the -script, to see that and what he did with that sequence, I’m excited to see the movie [laughs]. I think it’s going to be really good.”

Guardians Of The Galaxy Director Wants All Marvel And DC Movies To Be Good

James Gunn, the talented director behind Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy films, is always a voice of reason, and in a recent interview, while promoting The Belko Experiment, Gunn explained why he doesn't even give the endless and fruitless Marvel/DC debate any of his valuable time or mental space.

“I just don’t find any room in my headspace for thinking my movies are superior or inferior to someone else’s,” he told Variety. “I really just think about how can I make, for instance right now, how can I make Guardians Vol. 2 the greatest spectacle film of all time? That’s all I care about so that’s what I concentrate on. I don’t really think about Marvel versus DC. And also any time a Marvel movie comes out that isn’t as good as I wished it was or anytime a DC movie comes out that isn’t as I wished it was, I’m disappointed because I love these characters. I grew up reading Marvel and DC comics. I want them all to be good.”

:applause:

Vin Diesel Teases A Very Different Groot For Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2

WoQ7QDJ.gif

Diesel sat down with Collider for an interview where he said “there is a difference” between Groot 1.0 and Baby Groot.

“He couldn’t be more naive as Baby Groot,” Diesel explained. “I always think of the Groot that we saw on the first Guardians as a college-level Groot, so he’s not fully grown yet, but he’s a man. And once he sacrifices himself at the end of the movie, now he has to start all over, so to speak, but we’re gonna see this goofy, adorable, baby Groot thing running around the screen and just learning as he goes.”

Fans will clearly see how Baby Groot’s bumbling actions differ from the more mature iteration of the character from Guardians of the Galaxy. However, the alien’s attitude change won’t have anything to do with amnesia. Kevin Feige, the head of Marvel Studios, confirmed Baby Groot remembers everything from his previous state.

“He remembers," Feige said. "He’s not mentally a baby, he is still Groot...I sort of equate it to Spock circa the end of Search for Spock and The Voyage Home.”