• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

I like that you've added the Gerber ratings too! Will have to bookmark this page for reference!

Fortunately, there are no Centaur "10"s (not counting the Little Giant Detective #2-3, at least until Jon Berk finds them), though some issues sure feel like "10"s. :pullhair:

You've got your work cut out for you in 1939 and 1940 - the boom before the bust! Very Nice! :golfclap:

Ever considered adding a column for publisher? :shy:

No...but I was thinking about adding a column for cover artist.... hm

Also I've already finished all the Centaurs up to 1942..(which is the end)..but just haven't typed them out so I can scan them yet...maybe in a few days..

Edited by Blind Owl

Also I've already finished all the Centaurs up to 1942..(which is the end)..but just haven't typed them out so I can scan them yet...maybe in a few days..

:o(worship)

Good job, Joe. Congratulations. :applause:

wow, I never could finish finding all the centaurs, congrats :baiting:

Quiter. :baiting:

at least with catman, I am only collecting "certain " issues, not them all :banana:

at least with catman, I am only collecting "certain " issues, not them all :banana:

I'm going for the gold. 2/3rds of the way there. :cool:

New arrival yesterday - first time I've ever owned this particular issue (off white-to-white pages on this copy, as well): :cloud9:

FP210.jpg

already freed from its tomb I see (thumbs u

New arrival yesterday - first time I've ever owned this particular issue (off white-to-white pages on this copy, as well): :cloud9:

FP210.jpg

To all our fellow Board members out there!!!!! This is one SERIOUS Funny Book!!!! (thumbs u

Congrats!!!!!!! :cloud9:

FP210.jpg

already freed from its tomb I see (thumbs u

Yes Rick, I am a self-confessed crack addict. :insane:

No...but I was thinking about adding a column for cover artist.... hm

Cover artist column is a great idea! :grin:

Hope you don't mind, instead of asking you to do more work, thought I'd contribute a little to your effort (I have the bad habit of calling them all Centaurs, so this is a reminder to myself).

Comics Magazine Co:

Comics Magazine/Funny Pages #1-11

Detective Picture Stories #1-5

Funny Picture Stories #1-7

Western Picture Stories # 1-4

Chesler Publications:

Star Comics #1-6

Star Ranger #1-6

Ultem Publications:

Funny Pages V2#1-5

Funny Picture Stories V2#1-5

Star Comics #7-9

Star Ranger #7-9

All the rest are Centaur Publications (thanks to GCD for the above info). This is my favorite thread!