• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

No...but I was thinking about adding a column for cover artist.... hm

Cover artist column is a great idea! :grin:

Hope you don't mind, instead of asking you to do more work, thought I'd contribute a little to your effort (I have the bad habit of calling them all Centaurs, so this is a reminder to myself).

Comics Magazine Co:

Comics Magazine/Funny Pages #1-11

Detective Picture Stories #1-5

Funny Picture Stories #1-7

Western Picture Stories # 1-4

Chesler Publications:

Star Comics #1-6

Star Ranger #1-6

Ultem Publications:

Funny Pages V2#1-5

Funny Picture Stories V2#1-5

Star Comics #7-9

Star Ranger #7-9

All the rest are Centaur Publications (thanks to GCD for the above info). This is my favorite thread!

Thanks Jeff...appreciate any info and contributions. I didn't add this info...instead i just added "1st Centaur issue" for the titles that were still around in March 1938 (1st Centaur issues). Any other suggestions are appreciated, and i will try to finish this project by the end of the weekend (sunday)...but man i have so much to do, that it is difficult sometimes to find the time to do this. :P

New arrival yesterday - first time I've ever owned this particular issue (off white-to-white pages on this copy, as well): :cloud9:

FP210.jpg

Nice looking copy of a very special book. (worship)

Thnx Bob - CGC nailed it (4.5) as the book has enough minor imperfections to drop the grade. The presentability, colors, and paper quality sold the book to me.

BTW, looking forward to arm wrestling you in San Diego for any Centaurs that pop up! :kidaround:

Thanks Jeff...appreciate any info and contributions. I didn't add this info...instead i just added "1st Centaur issue" for the titles that were still around in March 1938 (1st Centaur issues). Any other suggestions are appreciated, and i will try to finish this project by the end of the weekend (sunday)...but man i have so much to do, that it is difficult sometimes to find the time to do this. :P

Joe, I think everyone appreciates all the work you've done so far.

Publisher was mainly for myself. I can never keept track of where one publisher ends and another begins - besides I've just determined I have all the Ultem issues! :whee:

You've done the heavy lifting by compiling the Centaur list! I know about time and money limitations - I've managed to restart another totally unrelated hobby, and it's doing a good job of taking all my time and money!

I rec'd this polite email this morning from Centaur artist Louis Glanzman. It's just amazing to me that 7 decades after the fact, guys like him - and Martin Filchock - are still active!

Dear Steve ...... thank you very much for your kind words about my work.

I am sorry but I do not have any info that I can share with you about comics......... for the last fifty or more years I have been involved with the illustration world.

Once again thank you..... your interest is truly appreciated

Best regards,

LSG

AMan15.jpg

Yes, at the California Comic Con (Terry's) yesterday.

:cloud9:

So, buying up the Centaurs again, eh? :taptaptap:

Centaurs are addicting - can't stay away for long! Nice book!

:popcorn:

Yes, at the California Comic Con (Terry's) yesterday.

:cloud9:

Who did you get it from? Just curious. :popcorn:

Terry's Comics - he also had a More Fun 17, but it had 3 punch holes and tan pages, so I passed.

Terry does have a way of coming into odd-ball comics. Good score. :applause: