• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

9th Arrow - v3 #6:

FunnyPagesv36.jpg

Wow, now this is a book I have rarely seen.

It's very high up on the Windex scale if I recall correctly.

I'm hoping Jeff upgrades one day so he can pass this copy along to me. :wishluck:

I never cared much for the "funny" Funny Pages covers before, but after seeing them in this thread, I may have to keep my eye out for them... would be nice to get some early Arrows!

Maybe in five or ten years I'll track down one of them... :cry:

Great funny books guys!!

I never cared much for the "funny" Funny Pages covers

Blasphemy!! :baiting:

:shy: I didn't know it was OK to admit such ...

Probably not OK to admit such things... I would own them all in a second if I could, but budget restrictions (and scarcity) forced me to choose the hero/sci fi covers.

Here's my FP 3/7, my earliest FP. Acquired from our very own Sacentaur...

7post001.jpg

:applause: I was very glad to share, Ryan. Excellent page quality on that copy too.

Here they were together: :cloud9:

000_0275.jpg

I still don't care for the "funny" Funny Pages covers. The interiors are another thing entirely.

While I find Centaurs an interesting part of Golden Age history, very few of the covers do much for me. Pretty much just the generally acknowledged "classic" covers.

We're up to Funny Pages 3/8 on the Arrow parade - I have a nice copy, plus the Larson 3/9, but couldn't find a scan and I don't have the books in hand. Tomorrow maybe.

Jeff, good to see you posting scans - I for one would definitely like to 'see' more of your wonderful collection. :)

9th Arrow - v3 #6:

FunnyPagesv36.jpg

Wow, now this is a book I have rarely seen.

It's very high up on the Windex scale if I recall correctly.

I'm hoping Jeff upgrades one day so he can pass this copy along to me. :wishluck:

This is one of the tougher issues of the run - just don't see it for sale often. Since it is a mid-grade copy with nice PQ, upgrade is unlikely.

But if I do, you know you'll the first person I contact. (thumbs u

Probably not OK to admit such things... I would own them all in a second if I could, but budget restrictions (and scarcity) forced me to choose the hero/sci fi covers.

I was like that for a long time too, Ryan. Much to my dismay now - I only wanted the non-funny cvr books (there's some great Arrow/Mad Ming cvrs)!

I've come to see the err of my ways. Admittedly, an acquired taste - the non-funny covers are cool in their unique way (esp. Cole & Schwab)! I've also learned the hard way, some of them are among rarer issues. :pullhair:

Edited by PreHero