• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

The final issue:

funnypages42nopaper.jpg

Beautiful Win.

I obtained my copy from some Fishy fellow who failed to disclose Slight(A) color touch that didn't reveal itself until the passage of time. I'll find a replacement one of these days...

And the much tougher 2nd-to-last issue:

funnypages41.jpg

:cry:

:cry: :cry: ...I sold both copies I had...first one I believe I got from sacentaur, one I found a chicago...both were nice lower grades, but wish I had of kept one

And the much tougher 2nd-to-last issue:

:cry:

:cry: :cry: ...I sold both copies I had...first one I believe I got from sacentaur, one I found a chicago...both were nice lower grades, but wish I had of kept one

I wish I had kept one of yours too! :cry::cry::cry:

The final issue:

funnypages42nopaper.jpg

I have seen this MH book in person, and I have to tell you, what makes it pop are the large unobstructed areas of perfect blue background. Its just a killer book.

I sold my copy a while back... what the hell was I thinking! :cry::cry::cry::cry:

I believe I got from sacentaur...

You did - remember that someone else got really mad at me because I wouldn't sell them the book "at any price" since it was already committed to you.

When I bought the collection and thus had some dupes, I eventually moved one of them each to my collecting buddies: RyanH got the FP 4/1, Roy got the AMF 2/10, you got the FP 41 etc.

Sharing the wealth, good Karma, and all that. Works for me. :)

(I'm going to hit the vault later today and will have scans of FP 3/8 and 3/9 so the Arrow march can conintue)

It's such a beguiling color design, probably the best of any Centaur. (thumbs u

I'll keep it going with one more (thanks, buttock!), the equally if not more tough 3rd-to-last issue. I love the colors in this one.

funnypages40.jpg

It's such a beguiling color design, probably the best of any Centaur. (thumbs u

Hmmm, best color design on a Centaur cover....

That Funny Pages #40 might be the winner. There are a few other choices, though, I think. One came just two issues earlier:

funnypages38.jpg

Ha!! I just JUST pulled my scan of that book because it fit the theme. Not as nice looking as yours, though.

Here's another, from the same era:

amazingmystery24.jpg

Thanks for posting this one. It's a rarely seen Centaur on the boards. :thumbsup:

If you want to talk

1) rarely seen

and

2) great color scheme

take a look at this one. It's striking for how they decided to make the logo area transparent instead of a solid banner of color, like they did in virtually all their other books back then.

comicspagesvol.jpg