• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Just got this back from sunnier climes. Highest graded; not that too many people are chasing this book. :D

2015-04-22-0002_zpsviiplcwi.jpg

That's a cool book (and one I'm missing - 2#2, 2#3, :frustrated: , 2#5).

100_2736.jpg

I have 2/1-2/6 except I'm missing 2/3 :cry:

funnypages_zpsaj1uyakj.jpg

Here are the first two issues of Super-Dooper Comics - 32 pages, paper covers, and the inside covers are story and art (the exterior back covers do have an ad). Apparently the only comic book publication issued by Able Manufacturing.

These came out in 1946, with the first two issues containing reprints from the Comic Magazine Co. (like Cheslers, pre-Centaurs) circa 1936/1937. For example, Number 1 leads off with the Clock story from Funny Pictures Stories #1.

The covers to issues 6, 7, and 8 are identical to issues 2, 3, and 4. Reprint content later changed to Harvey Publications (e.g., Speed Comics).

The #1 is listed as scarce in the Guide (3 copies currently in census), while #2 only has 1 copy in the census.

Bizarre books to say the least, probably most suited for the die-hard collector only.

f560fcf2-88dd-40ee-b599-c4ea93ed1888_zpsvq7ijbmz.jpg

Here are the first two issues of Super-Dooper Comics - 32 pages, paper covers, and the inside covers are story and art (the exterior back covers do have an ad). Apparently the only comic book publication issued by Able Manufacturing.

These came out in 1946, with the first two issues containing reprints from the Comic Magazine Co. (like Cheslers, pre-Centaurs) circa 1936/1937. For example, Number 1 leads off with the Clock story from Funny Pictures Stories #1.

The covers to issues 6, 7, and 8 are identical to issues 2, 3, and 4. Reprint content later changed to Harvey Publications (e.g., Speed Comics).

The #1 is listed as scarce in the Guide (3 copies currently in census), while #2 only has 1 copy in the census.

Bizarre books to say the least, probably most suited for the die-hard collector only.

f560fcf2-88dd-40ee-b599-c4ea93ed1888_zpsvq7ijbmz.jpg

I saw one of these at c2e2 but honestly didn't recognize and didn't give it much attention :cry:

I get requests from time to time to copy stuff like covers. How about this courtesy copy from a German author who wrote on Centaur [Mystery] Comics (in German of course) including covers and scans of interior pages. All the interior pages were changed from English to German

Heck 50% of the GA world does not know what Centaurs are and their importance and this guy distributes a book in German on the art and the artists........Whoa....It is well produced (but my German is rusty)

155247.jpg.e41d62a325f891042b4361ae8fa969c1.jpg

Edited by jbcomicbox

I get requests from time to time to copy stuff like covers. How about this courtesy copy from a German author who wrote on Centaur [Mystery] Comics (in German of course) including covers and scans of interior pages. All the interior pages were changed from English to German

Heck 50% of the GA world does not know what Centaurs are and their importance and this guy distributes a book in German on the art and the artists........Whoa....It is well produced (but my German is rusty)

I got my copy too. Was trying to find the op to thank him. Adamstrange is also acknowledged

I got my copy too. Was trying to find the op to thank him. Adamstrange is also acknowledged

Buried i think is an email contact number.....

I'm hoping all you Centaur folks participated in that smorgasbord on eBay last night. A lot of books (that didn't last long! :D ). I even considered grabbing one or two, but knew i'd only be holding it 'hostage' until an hard to get MLJ or Ace came up for grabs. So i figured, let the' rea'l Centaur folks have at it. Remember that guys when your'e bidding on one of said publishers above. Think. "No, i'll let Sagii have it" lol

But really.....Great books last night. Almost a 'doorbuster' sale for how quickly they were snatched up. Congrats if any Boardies scored :golfclap:

I'm hoping all you Centaur folks participated in that smorgasbord on eBay last night. A lot of books (that didn't last long! :D ). I even considered grabbing one or two, but knew i'd only be holding it 'hostage' until an hard to get MLJ or Ace came up for grabs. So i figured, let the' rea'l Centaur folks have at it. Remember that guys when your'e bidding on one of said publishers above. Think. "No, i'll let Sagii have it" lol

But really.....Great books last night. Almost a 'doorbuster' sale for how quickly they were snatched up. Congrats if any Boardies scored :golfclap:

Yeah they sure were Corey those A-Mans were here and gone in a Flash!! Heck I listed my #19 on the Bay for almost $100 more than I offered here on the boards WITH a Best Offer and it sold for asking within a few hours...My fingers crossed the sellers got a #22 stashed they are waiting to release bc my finger is on the trigger but heck with how fast they are selling it would probably be there and gone before I ever even saw it!! lol

I was so relieved when I went to "completed" that I already had all the ones sold. Only one I need and I've made offer ...haven't heard back

Yeah they sure were Corey those A-Mans were here and gone in a Flash!! Heck I listed my #19 on the Bay for almost $100 more than I offered here on the boards WITH a Best Offer and it sold for asking within a few hours...My fingers crossed the sellers got a #22 stashed they are waiting to release bc my finger is on the trigger but heck with how fast they are selling it would probably be there and gone before I ever even saw it!! lol

Don't sleep! lol

I was so relieved when I went to "completed" that I already had all the ones sold. Only one I need and I've made offer ...haven't heard back
Good luck! (But somewhere deep in the corners of my mind, i thinking 'Gator snatched em all'! lol

Good luck! (But somewhere deep in the corners of my mind, i thinking 'Gator snatched em all'! lol

I will admit I panicked a little when I went to closed auctions and saw so many. But the sigh of relief. Whew.

Added 10 needed centaurs to my collection today. 1 more in route. 5 more pending and a nice southern gentleman with at least one more I need (hopefully more) and yet another jet setter that might have 1-4 I need (if he would ever get home and check lol )

2 coming up in clink auction and this could be a 18-20 + acquisition month!!

Added 10 needed centaurs to my collection today. 1 more in route. 5 more pending and a nice southern gentleman with at least one more I need (hopefully more) and yet another jet setter that might have 1-4 I need (if he would ever get home and check lol )

2 coming up in clink auction and this could be a 18-20 + acquisition month!!

:applause: that's awesome man GL to YA hope he's got em'!! that's a good month!!