• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

ok, no idea how to make link, but I Iphone video'd my amazing man run...

Not sure what issue number,but the black cover is my fave,hands down!!

22 (green Nazi gorillas is most folks fav)

Can anyone recall when a 22 last sold at auction and if so the result?

Thank you sir!Any chance of a picture so I can study it more?The Gerber pics are just too tiny!

Thank you sir!Any chance of a picture so I can study it more?The Gerber pics are just too tiny!

Thank you,but I meant the one just before that in the video....with the black upper half...that IS a great cover though...love to read it!

5 for me any day and twice on sunday over green gorillas

5 for me any day and twice on sunday over green gorillas

I think besides the #22 the #26 is a very close second in coolness factor!! I love the white covers and with the Stars and Stripes and the awesome dramatic bloody bird battle it's hard to top it's appeal imo

I wonder how many centaur collectors like myself have never seen (shrug)

image_zpsamt8bbjz.jpg

Here's the regular cover:

FPS27CHURCH.jpg

Odd that they were targeting laundries to use comics in a promotion. Or am I misunderstanding what that variant is? hm

image_zpsamt8bbjz.jpg

FPS27CHURCH.jpg

Odd that they were targeting laundries to use comics in a promotion. Or am I misunderstanding what that variant is? hm

I believe you have it correct

image_zpsamt8bbjz.jpg

FPS27CHURCH.jpg

that is strange!! So when I first read that I thought it meant place the name of your Laundromat here and sell it in the self service center in a rack or something. That would give the customers something to do while they were waiting for the clothes to be washed and dried. Then I looked up Laundromats and wiki says the first coin operated one is believed to have opened was Freedom Laundromat in Philadelphia around 1947 so even though this book is no date I would imagine it predates that? I did learn that in England they are considered Launderettes but didn't arrive until the 50s. However, in Texas and the like they had Wash-a-terias, which were like Laundromats and opened as early as 1936 so they very easily could have been sold there?

I could be way off base here and maybe they just meant the Laundry detergent name who knows? Any ideas on this one?

image_zpsamt8bbjz.jpg

FPS27CHURCH.jpg

that is strange!! So when I first read that I thought it meant place the name of your Laundromat here and sell it in the self service center in a rack or something. That would give the customers something to do while they were waiting for the clothes to be washed and dried. Then I looked up Laundromats and wiki says the first coin operated one is believed to have opened was Freedom Laundromat in Philadelphia around 1947 so even though this book is no date I would imagine it predates that? I did learn that in England they are considered Launderettes but didn't arrive until the 50s. However, in Texas and the like they had Wash-a-terias, which were like Laundromats and opened as early as 1936 so they very easily could have been sold there?

I could be way off base here and maybe they just meant the Laundry detergent name who knows? Any ideas on this one?

Maybe to be given away as advertising or calling card at a dry cleaners.

in about an hour, fedex should have to me the 2 of the scarcest "hero" centaurs I have been able to procure (will be adding a third in sdcc in a few weeks too!)... hope to be able to post shortly!