• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

very excited to get this one!!

IMG_1253_zpsrwlsaaxg.jpg

I think it goes without saying the 2 recent bondage cover Funny Pages acquisitions are both spectacular!! the Mad Ming cover is so cool and this bloody spike cover is also super intriguing!! check out the color palet used on this masterpiece!! Wow is appropriately used here :applause:

IMG_1247_zpstu7j6thj.jpg

As many of you know, I have a passion for tracking down GA artists (many long gone) and have commissions done. Done by Filchock at 95, I had him remove the word balloons. Some of the earliest of the GA.

Tough part was to find him. (NO PROBLEM AGREEING TO DO IT. HE WAS PYCHED.

156162.jpg.8cc3bed8c2a966e120591d1ad83f4249.jpg

Love them Rick. :applause: Which ones were the hardest to find? How long did you have to look?
fp 40 is tough...really tough....but the early funny pages are equally scarce and just don't seem to ever come up for sale!....

all fun!

As many of you know, I have a passion for tracking down GA artists (many long gone) and have commissions done. Done by Filchock at 95, I had him remove the word balloons. Some of the earliest of the GA.

Tough part was to find him. (NO PROBLEM AGREEING TO DO IT. HE WAS PYCHED.

Thank you so much for having the foresight to make this consignment happen, jbcomicbox!

excited to get this one!

IMG_1252_zpsnxovjcog.jpg

Ahh, the reveal i've been waiting for!! I love seeing truly RARE comics (even if it's titles i'm not actively collecting (yet). All of these are truly great examples of early American comics and not seen very often, but this cover :cloud9::cloud9:

Sometimes you have to play it close to the chest while you are trying to acquire such items. Makes it all the more special when you do share with the collecting community. Great job GAtor!! And thanks for sharing! :golfclap:

fp 40 is tough...really tough....

True - I've seen a handful of Funny Pages 38's (including some nice pedigrees), but issue 40 is very scarce (to rare).

Congrat's on the Centaur re-build rick, coming along very nicely!

True - I've seen a handful of Funny Pages 38's (including some nice pedigrees), but issue 40 is very scarce (to rare).

It's been fun (and frustrating at same time lol )

If I were to "combine" my previous effort with current , I would only be lacking 14 books to completion. Unfortunately the first time I sold off most all , there were some real tough ones that I might not see again for a long time.

I'm still 30-40 short (have to update soon) but have had a tremendous amount of boarie help obtaining issues. So a big THANK YOU to all that have assisted me!

If I were to "combine" my previous effort with current , I would only be lacking 14 books to completion. Unfortunately the first time I sold off most all , there were some real tough ones that I might not see again for a long time.

I'm still 30-40 short (have to update soon) but have had a tremendous amount of boarie help obtaining issues. So a big THANK YOU to all that have assisted me!

I'm sure I speak for us all when I say " We ain't done yet"!

Amazing run...appox how many books in a complete set.....30-40 does not seem bad at all. Super covers..

Edited by Mmehdy

Amazing run...appox how many books in a complete set.....30-40 does not seem bad at all. Super covers..

I believe 292 books to complete the publisher. That includes ultem and cheslers iirc