• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

Jon,do you still have your Marvel run that was used in the Gerber journals.I know this isn't the right forum,nor is it really any of my business,just womdering.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) thumbsup2.gif

yup, i do.....

hail.gif

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Keeping the thread going with one of my favorite recently scanned books with a nice Bill Everett cover, AMF #1 from 1938:

amazingmystery1.jpg

GREAT BOOK CentaurMan!! I have always loved the simplicity of that cover... its unfortunate there is no Everett art in that book. How is the rest of the art? Its an amazing #1 issue, regardless.

Win, AMF# 1 what a great book!! 893applaud-thumb.gif I picked one up myself about a year ago in VG+ !! Here's a # 2 from my collection. Bill Everett's 1st art inside & out , it maybe tied with Uncle Joe's Funnies "Everett art on cover" which I also have. These early Centaurs ,esp. Everett kick @#$!!!

scan0004.jpg

Jaw-dropping books, CentaurMan!! I can't see enough Centaurs. Also, nice #2 Puny Human!! Nice contributions from everyone.

I posted this on the "Show Me your Golden Age" thread, I believe, but I want to get in on the fun on this thread, and I'm sure this book hasn't shown up on here yet. This KEEN DETECTIVE FUNNIES #20 will probably be one of the only Mile High books I ever own... its my favorite golden age cover of all time, and I couldn't pass it up when it went up for sale. The EYE rules!

1300406-KDF20lores.jpg

1300406-KDF20lores.jpg.73de36efd49b1f41dc8a653343c80fa4.jpg

Edited by RyanH

AMF vol. 1 # 3 your's is a Killer book!! hail.gif Uncle Joe's Funnies , I purchased about 2 years ago . your right , it is small . It's a totally cool book though. I think , & I may be wrong , but when Centaur folded it started publishing crossword mags & continued into the 1950's. I read that somewhere or heard it ,can't remember. It was definately different, Uncle Joe's Funnies "one shot" for Centaur. Scarce book ,would you agree??

AMF vol. 1 # 3 your's is a Killer book!! hail.gif

Remember what I said about eye appeal and his books? That's a perfect example! Gorgeous in person, but not technically high grade.

Jaw-dropping books, CentaurMan!! I can't see enough Centaurs. Also, nice #2 Puny Human!! Nice contributions from everyone.

I posted this on the "Show Me your Golden Age" thread, I believe, but I want to get in on the fun on this thread, and I'm sure this book hasn't shown up on here yet. This KEEN DETECTIVE FUNNIES #20 will probably be one of the only Mile High books I ever own... its my favorite golden age cover of all time, and I couldn't pass it up when it went up for sale. The EYE rules!

1300406-KDF20lores.jpg

What a cool book , own one myself. Scarce also , & you own the Church copy!! It don't get better then that my friend. A Beauty!!! Congrats , hail.gifcloud9.gif

I would buy those kinda books all day long , depending on the money. grin.gif

Here's another Keen Detective Funnies art done by Ken Ernst who went on to do the Mary Worth comic strip.

scan0001.jpg

1300406-KDF20lores.jpg

Awesome! I've almost got a complete set of Keen Detective Funnies, but that's one I'm missing.

And I'm totally infatuated with Church KDF's. I usually prefer Larsons, but I've got 3 Church KDF's. Here's my earliest:

keendetective5mh.jpg

Those are indeed nice books CentaurMan... Centaur Church's! The rarest of the rare!

Not in the same league, but still nice, is this book (which I no longer have... for some reason I felt compelled to use this and two other Centaurs in a cash/trade deal for Superworld #1... what was I thinking??? Oh well... live and learn. Don't you hate it when you make a deal like that, and then regret it a week later?)

1300721-%239POST.jpg

589a8dbae985e_1300721-9POST.jpg.62f7e3a4683ac72002e3c4281b99cd32.jpg

Edited by RyanH

Hey, Superworld #1 is a heck of a book with a killer cover. That KDF you traded isn't one of the scarcer ones, so don't beat yourself up, you'll get another crack at it. Plus, the Superworld will have much wider resale appeal, as Centaurs typically only attract a narrow audience of devotees.

Here's a very early issue of Keen Detective Funnies, since we're on somewhat of a roll:

keendetective4.jpg