• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

I don't have a copy of #22 (one of the three issues I'm missing), which is the phenomenal Nazi monster cover posted here in the past (and used as someone's avatar). So I'm moving on to #23 (in which the artwork is pretty primitive):

amazingman23.jpg

and #24 (which is a pretty nifty image except for A-Man's distracting badly drawn arm):

amazingman24.jpg

Been out of town, so I'm getting my Centaur fix now!! Great to see more of your collection CentaurMan! The quality of your books is really nice and consistant. Curious if you have tracked down the evasive #22 (Nazi super-gorilla cover)?

As always, looking forward to seeing more....

Wow, Ajax, you da man. I'm honored.

As for Amazing-Man #26 being a Gerber 9, I don't know, there are people around here who'd have a better sense for that than me. I just know I've been looking for Centaurs for the past 5-7 years on eBay, Heritage, Metro, etc., and I haven't seen one yet. But that might not mean anything, as the sample size for all Centaurs is pretty small.

Ok, new books. Here's the two issue run of Amazing Adventure Funnies:

amazingadventure1.jpg

amazingadventure2.jpg

Ok, new books. Here's the two issue run of Amazing Adventure Funnies:

Again, really nice books CentaurMan. Oddly enough, this thread has inspired me to pick up a lower end copy of AMAZING ADVENTURE FUNNIES #1... seeing your scans of this book only made me want it more!!! My copy is no where near yours, but it looks like a nice reader, and not being high on my list, the price was right.

The main reason i got it was the Burgos, Gustavson and Everett art (even though its all reprints). If you have a moment, I was wondering if you tell me how many Burgos and Everett stories are in #1? I love the AIRSUB DX strip by Burgos.

Whats next?? Whats left? Haven't seen many of your AMAZING MYSTERY FUNNIES issues...

Hey Centaur Man, you might have run across this guy before in your searches for CENTAUR publications, but there is a fella in Ohio who, at one time, had a near complete run of CENTAURS'. In fact, I seem to remember him listing the entire collection for sale on eBay a few years ago. His name is Tim , and he works/owns a place called the BOOKERY-FANTASY in Fairborn, Ohio.

In fact I just called him and he said he never did have a copy of 26 or 24, so those indeed must be rare.

Anyway, you might enjoy getting ahold of him and shooting the breeze. I'm sure you two would have plenty to talk about concerning comics.

Thanks very much for the info, and yes, he and I crossed paths. His name is Tim Cottrill (which I may have misspelled) and I'd say I bought out about 2/3rd's of his collection (about 80 Centaurs, a huge amount) a few years ago. He had a lot of obscure stuff (I think some of his books maybe came from our own buttock) but was happy with the liquidity infusion I gave him, and he cut me a nice bulk discount.

I'd lost his contact info, though, so thanks so much for the PM! I'd love to shoot the breeze with him again.

I don't have a copy of the final issue, and I expect I'll find a few copies of #22 before I find one copy of #26.

I guess that is my cue.....jon 1318692-aman26.jpg

That is an uncharacteristically gruesome cover for Centaur -- I like it! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

to both Jon and Fuelman! All three of those books are tough (especially the Amazing-Man and the Funny Pages).

I've always loved that Funny Pages cover, but doesn't that lion look larger than any lion you've ever seen (especially in the neck area)?

to both Jon and Fuelman! All three of those books are tough (especially the Amazing-Man and the Funny Pages).

I've always loved that Funny Pages cover, but doesn't that lion look larger than any lion you've ever seen (especially in the neck area)?

Yeah, Gustavson had a penchant for action, but his perspective was terrible. Contrast that to 35, though, and he did a pretty good job. confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe the bear was supposed to be a groundhog.

Yeah, Gustavson had a penchant for action, but his perspective was terrible. Contrast that to 35, though, and he did a pretty good job. confused-smiley-013.gif

Maybe the bear was supposed to be a groundhog.

No, this cover is dead on. Little Sue of the circus is actually only 18 inches high, and Arrow had a bum leg.