• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

I love that you didn't have Susan clean off the "Wilbert L." signature. That sort of OO possessory writing used to bug me, but the longer I collect, the cooler I think it is, especially when the names are as dated as the comics.

I love that you didn't have Susan clean off the "Wilbert L." signature. That sort of OO possessory writing used to bug me, but the longer I collect, the cooler I think it is, especially when the names are as dated as the comics.

Good point. She does some nice work, the colors where pieces had to be added blend nicely.

Thanks for noticing that... to me, OO signatures are part of the package... i actually really like them.

and the name "Wilbert L." conjures up images of a little white haired kid in coke bottle glasses and a frog in his pocket. i get a kick out of the name "Wilbert".

Here's my copy of AMAN #5, before and after shot (before it was a BLUE 1.8).

Susan Cicconi did an AMAZING job on this book. As I mentioned, I overpaid for the book initially, so with the resto work , this is one of those books i'll have to hang on to for a long time to make any money out of it.

But... would you want to part with a book like this anytime soon?? :cloud9:

RH_AMAN5_before.jpg

RH_AMAN5_after.jpg 

BTW GT, the interior material is great... you won't be disappointed in this book.

i wouldn't mind a restored copy as long as it is not extensive. so what would a mid grade restored copy go for?

great book RyanH!! i love the cover to it. such bright colors.

"i wouldn't mind a restored copy as long as it is not extensive. so what would a mid grade restored copy go for?"

GT, check out the Heritage archives... i think three out of the four they have sold have been mid grade restored copies.

they seem to go for around 1400 to 1700. super expensive book unrestored, and super hard to find. i say go for a nice restored copy. the solid cover colors really show up any flaws, which is probably why most copies are restored.

I was fortunate enough to see Ryan's A-MAN 5 in person after he had it restored - simply beautiful. :cloud9:

Maybe I will own a copy one day... :sorry:

What are you waiting for? :baiting:

Nice pages....any leads appreciated! :wishluck:

Here's my copy of AMAN #5, before and after shot (before it was a BLUE 1.8).

Susan Cicconi did an AMAZING job on this book. As I mentioned, I overpaid for the book initially, so with the resto work , this is one of those books i'll have to hang on to for a long time to make any money out of it.

But... would you want to part with a book like this anytime soon?? :cloud9:

RH_AMAN5_before.jpg

RH_AMAN5_after.jpg 

This book is one of the books that restoration is a perfect candidate for!!! It looks so much better after the restoration!!! :headbang:

Susan did a great job on this one Ryan. Wish I owned a copy too. Very nice!!!

Just curious, what do you think the grade is now!!!! hm

Probably a 6.0. If PQ is bad (any slight brittleness) it will hammer the grade.

Looks a little better than a 6.0 to me!!! That's why I was wondering what Ryan thought!!!

Anyway a 6.0 copy goes for approx.$4500.00, let's take off about 50% because it's restored, and you still have a book worth about $2250.00. So I don't think he's really losing too much $$$ by having this copy restored (I'm guessing about $600.00 for restoration, don't know if that's close or not). Plus it looks great which is the bottom line.

Now if it's 7.0 that's a huge difference!!! Figure about $3250.00+ even for a restored copy!!!

So, I'd say; job well done Ryan!!!! (thumbs u

Probably a 6.0. If PQ is bad (any slight brittleness) it will hammer the grade.

Looks a little better than a 6.0 to me!!! That's why I was wondering what Ryan thought!!!

Anyway a 6.0 copy goes for approx.$4500.00, let's take off about 50% because it's restored, and you still have a book worth about $2250.00. So I don't think he's really losing too much $$$ by having this copy restored (I'm guessing about $600.00 for restoration, don't know if that's close or not). Plus it looks great which is the bottom line.

Now if it's 7.0 that's a huge difference!!! Figure about $3250.00+ even for a restored copy!!!

So, I'd say; job well done Ryan!!!! (thumbs u

Thanks BlindOwl!

Actually, I would say surfer is pretty close... a 6.0 , plus nice cream to O/W pages. I would LOVE for it to be a 7.0!!

Sacentaur has seen the book, lets see if he'll chime in! You know, I never even asked Susan what she thought the new grade would be.

BTW, BO, i wish the resto only cost that much! But Susan did a bang up job, and i feel she was worth the price of resto (which I'll keep to myself).

Rick, you are right on the prices on this book since they are usually always over guide!!!

I was just going bare minimum on my estimates to show that even at the very worst scenerio Ryan didn't do badly by having this book restored!!!

Some folks don't believe restoration to be a good thing, but I believe on certain books it can be, and this book is one of them. I think he did very well and could recoup his money even considering the restoration!!!

That's what I was trying to get at.:foryou:

Rick, you are right on the prices on this book since they are usually always over guide!!!

I was just going bare minimum on my estimates to show that even at the very worst scenerio Ryan didn't do badly by having this book restored!!!

Some folks don't believe restoration to be a good thing, but I believe on certain books it can be, and this book is one of them. I think he did very well and could recoup his money even considering the restoration!!!

That's what I was trying to get at.:foryou:

(thumbs u

we missed you in Chicago...