• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Part of a big purchase that arrived this week.

Action Comics 267 with an absurdly DC PINK cover!

The real treat here is the Supergirl backup: third Legion appearance, first Kara as Superwoman!

51422-Action267.jpg

Jack

A couple of early Aquaman issues, putting me only 9 issues from a full run. Nice to have a couple of the tough ones out of the way.

Respectable reader copies, solid enough for me despite some structural problems. A buck for #4 earns no complaint from me, and (everyone please roll your eyes in unison) I like those ridiculous Silver Age sidekicks like Quisp, Zook and Cryll.

51423-Aquaman2.jpg

51424-Aquaman4.jpg

Jack

Nice copies Jack!!! I'm currently bidding on a couple of Aquaman books this week!!!

I love the Cardy cover issues!!!

Nice copies Jack!!! I'm currently bidding on a couple of Aquaman books this week!!!

I love the Cardy cover issues!!!

Thanks.

Don't bid on the nine I "need"!!

The Aparo covers aren't bad either.

Jack

A couple of early Aquaman issues, putting me only 9 issues from a full run. Nice to have a couple of the tough ones out of the way.

Respectable reader copies, solid enough for me despite some structural problems. A buck for #4 earns no complaint from me, and (everyone please roll your eyes in unison) I like those ridiculous Silver Age sidekicks like Quisp, Zook and Cryll.

51423-Aquaman2.jpg

51424-Aquaman4.jpg

Jack

*cough* *ahem* *cough* 10 centers :baiting:

Jack

*cough* *ahem* *cough* 10 centers :baiting:

#$%^#$%^&*(

Sorry, I thought that I switched to the 12¢ thread.

Jack

Edited by selegue

The real treat here is the Supergirl backup: third Legion appearance, first Kara as Superwoman!

51422-Action267.jpg

Jack

shockingly mid grade key book for you there jack!

PS - I LOVE pre'65 Aquaman.... :cloud9:

shockingly mid grade key book for you there jack!

PS - I LOVE pre'65 Aquaman.... :cloud9:

Thanks!

I bet you even like Quisp!

"shockingly mid grade"

May I adopt that as my mantra?

Jack

let's string a few Actions together:

th_act265.jpgth_act266.jpgth_act267.jpgth_act268.jpgth_act269.jpg

Feel free to keep going. :popcorn:

Although I normally like my covers clean, I've always been especially fond of DC's "5000 Prize Contest" issues that appeared on the stands during the summer of 1956. The condition is most likely the result of some prenatal trauma that only a skilled psychotherapist would understand, so bear with me here ......

:insane:

HOM053.jpg

HOM054.jpg

HOM055.jpg

HOM056.jpg

MGA010.jpg

MGA011.jpg

SA071.jpg

SA072.jpg

SA073.jpg

SA074.jpg

TOU004.jpg

TOU005.jpg

TOU006.jpg

TOU007.jpg

Sounds like you have a whole new sub-genre: DC "Giant 5000 Prize Contest" issues! I agree that I don't find this too distracting to the cover at all. DC tried again with those "Free Ice Cream" coupons as well. I'm just glad that this trend didn't continue.

What I did find offensive were some of the cover ads that Charlton had in the late 50' ... putting ad blurbs on some of those Ditko covers was like putting bumper stickers over the Mona Lisa...SHEESH!

Bill

Edited by AtlasFan