• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,653 posts in this topic

Another tough ten center in grade, with a cool DC cover color combo and alien scene. The Kane cover gives a preview of the work he would do a few years later with another flying DC hero:

MIS59.jpg

adamstrange approves!!! :applause:

Another tough ten center in grade, with a cool DC cover color combo and alien scene. The Kane cover gives a preview of the work he would do a few years later with another flying DC hero:

MIS59.jpg

pretty book

oh yeah...and this puppy is on it's way!

Williamsport goodness, and a mini grail of mine. Searched for years for a nice copy. First Lana Lang and truly difficult to find in decent shape.

Sue me that's it not technically SA!

sb10.jpg

I'm wondering if that Danger Trail #4 is a tough book in grade. A local dealer has one in about 8.5/9.0

Anyone have a suggestion as to price?

R.

MIS59.jpg

Great book and awesome cover...I don't know if this is a recent thing. but MIS's sure are heating up.

I'm wondering if that Danger Trail #4 is a tough book in grade. A local dealer has one in about 8.5/9.0

Anyone have a suggestion as to price?

R.

probably somewhat scarce, but with low demand. Too bad scarcity alone doesnt make a book more desireable more ofthen...can you imagine?

Too bad scarcity alone doesn't make a book more desirable ......

True enough, Silver. Thank goodness for the old-school types who frequent the SA Forum. How many times have you seen this issue in better than about VG/FN? Nice books, guys.

MGA007.jpg

My wife got me a new digital SLR for my birthday and I have been going picture happy over the last couple of weeks. I think I have taken over 200 pictures of my dogs (and they are pretty sure I'm nuts now as I stalk them with a camera)

While I have made a hobby out of scanning my books, I wanted to take a few pictures of some comics stuff with the camera. I know there is a comic book room thread in general, but I would rather post this here, as most of you know my obsession for SA Superman/boy titles.

Here is my "comic room" with a few of my SA keys. This shot isn't complete until I add Superboy 1 and Adventure 247, but it's getting there. :insane:

dcroom.jpg

I just got this book into my collection this week!

hos_06.jpg

This issue is quite a lil' gem! Not only does it sport a Nick Cardy Gorilla cover and story, but it has a very unique story by Mort Meskin - The Bewitched Costume.

The artwork for the Meskin story is very interesting -- Mort was a close associate of Jack Kirby in the Prize/Crestwood days -- and the coloring of this story closely resembles the coloring used later by Kirby in HULK #1. The use of panels with characters colored in solid red, yellow, blue, and green. Meskin is truly one of the most underrated artist of the gold and silver age.

Bill

Too bad scarcity alone doesn't make a book more desirable ......

True enough, Silver. Thank goodness for the old-school types who frequent the SA Forum. How many times have you seen this issue in better than about VG/FN? Nice books, guys.

MGA007.jpg

Once? (shrug)

MGA7.jpg