• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,638 posts in this topic

Thanks guys. You can never tell from the relatively small CL scans just how good a book is, but I can now confirm that it really IS a beautiful copy. The only thing that keeps it from a 9.6 in my opinion is the very faint crease down in the bottom right corner.

Thanks guys. You can never tell from the relatively small CL scans just how good a book is, but I can now confirm that it really IS a beautiful copy. The only thing that keeps it from a 9.6 in my opinion is the very faint crease down in the bottom right corner.

Yeah, that totally killed the book for me :whistle:

You know me, that's the equivalent of a glaring neon sign with bright red arrows pointing to it. I genuinely debated whether to go hard after this book because of it, along with a few other defects that appeared in the scan but turned out to be manufacturing defects rather than handling defects.

I know, it's a sad sickness that I have. :sorry:

You know me, that's the equivalent of a glaring neon sign with bright red arrows pointing to it. I genuinely debated whether to go hard after this book because of it, along with a few other defects that appeared in the scan but turned out to be manufacturing defects rather than handling defects.

I know, it's a sad sickness that I have. :sorry:

Glad it worked out for you. It looks attractive in the scan -- nice colors and well-centered with sharp corners. This ought to last a year or two until you find that 9.9.

This 9.4 #4 ought to last a year or two until you find that 9.9.

Normally I'd give a hearty :roflmao: to this statement, but seeing as how we went from 1 9.2 (+ 5 -8.5's) being Top Dog for this book as recently as December; then this 9.4 along with another 9.2 in just 4 short months...I think I'll stick with (shrug) for now.

Rick

Got in this Action 259 today to polish off the 250's: :banana:

th_act250.jpgth_act251.jpgth_act252.jpgth_act253.jpgth_act254.jpg

th_act255.jpgth_act256.jpgth_act257.jpgth_act258.jpgth_act259.jpg

the 260's are proving to be pretty tough! :frustrated:

wow, a real nice set there

damn it makes me want more runs, but i know theyll end up being costly

runs are just so complete though.

theyre going to be my downfall

wow, a real nice set there

damn it makes me want more runs, but i know theyll end up being costly

runs are just so complete though.

theyre going to be my downfall

They are my downfall. I am obsessed with runs. :shy:

Thrilled to death to finally find a nice copy of this one. Thanks to Jim Payette, who sold it to me at the bargain price of $45!

sa80-1.jpg

I think that's my favorite cover of the run. Bargain price is an understatement. Nice book!

Ken