• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Steelcity asked to see some of my Adventures from 200 up....mine is mostly a low grade run between 200 and 300. I haven't photgraphed any of those yet. But when the 365 thread gets closer to day 200 I'll be getting them ready. Hopefully a few upgrades will be in by then.

here's my Action 200....you don't see this one very often.

cgcAction200.jpg [/quote

That is one beautiful copy! I'll scan mine some day, but I love the sharp colors on yours. Tough book and you would figure DC would've made a bigger splash over one of their flagship titles reaching issue 200. Wonder what Whitney Ellsworth was thinking?

Here's an upgrade I got in a couple weeks back...

Superman139.jpg

Nice! Planning on selling your undercopy? :devil:

My undercopy is definately available for sale. Want to see a scan shoot me a PM and we'll work something out.

PS--I kind of like low-grade copies with bone-white pages. It amazes me that the exterior of a comic can have a myriad of defects, but the interior can reamain nearly free of defects and tanning--especially on a 59-year old comic book. It also makes the copy enjoyable to read!

This is my only pre-code Action

act197.jpg

The cover story was reprinted here, I always like discovering these kind of things in the pre Internet days when I was buying these books

sm193.jpg

This is my only pre-code Action

act197.jpg

The cover story was reprinted here, I always like discovering these kind of things in the pre Internet days when I was buying these books

sm193.jpg

Beautiful copies, both! Coincendentally, I have both copies as well. Thanks for pointing that out. Gosh, I haven't looked at my Superman annual 193 in years. Guess I'll have to break it out.

Thanks Dan!

If you check out the Brave & Bold 34 I just posted, you'll notice the image is not as sharp as the book. Believe me the colors on this book are very bright and very sharp. Someone please tell me how to make the scan so as to reflect the true colors on the book.

PS--I upload straight from my computer; I do use photbucket or photoshop--at least at present,

Thanks, Steve

I tried tweeking in Photoshop for you. I'm no master at it though...

BB34xxx.jpg

Thanks, Sea Devils, -- That's a bit too bright, but better than my scan. I'll keep working at it, though. I appreciate you taking the time.

BTW,You have a dynamite collection!