• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,641 posts in this topic

Joe, sweet Batman #100! Amazingly white book considering it`s almost 50 years old!

Thanks, Tim - I've been long overdue posting here. It's fun to be posting again. The Batman 100 is one of 31 copies graded 5.0 or above, but as I said, it usually tans out around the edges, so I'd like to think I own one of the nicer ones. Definitely it is the toughest issue to get in the range #100 to #200.

Joe

Holy cow. Look at the blinding cover inks on those books. 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

It's hard enough to get those books from that era without the edge wear and other defects. But preservation like that? hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Holy cow. Look at the blinding cover inks on those books. 893whatthe.gifhail.gif

It's hard enough to get those books from that era without the edge wear and other defects. But preservation like that? hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

gossip.gif The pages looked really, really nice as well.

I'll bet. cloud9.gif

Are those pedigree copies or just random copies? Were they yours?

I'll bet. cloud9.gif

Are those pedigree copies or just random copies? Were they yours?

They weren't mine, if the question was directed at me. I was just noticing how the pages peek out from under the lower part of the front cover and that they look reasonably white. Given how nice the rest of the book is, I figured I was safe in speculating on their condition.

The 295 is a 9.0 with white pages. It looks nicer than a 9.0 (It is a pgx 9.0, so I don't know what that means). I had also bid on a beautiful #305 (9.4 w white pages) but missed on that one. The 290 is super glossy. I'd say it's about a 9.0 (maybe 9.2) with off-white/white pages. I've been trying to pick up high grade Tecs from about 275 to 326, if anybody has any they'd like to contribute. They are tough to find in HG. As I said before, those are nice copies you have there Comic Book Guy. Do you have any others to post?

893applaud-thumb.gif I'm always astounded in seeing a ten cent DC in NM. With the way these books were handled back in the day, coupled with the lack of air conditioning, dehumidifiers, bags and backing boards, these puppies are simply freaks of nature. Freaks, I say!

Ok so I'm going through my comics to find a 10 center to post for the heck of it. Well low and behold I really don't have hardly any at all. I got tons of comics from the 60's - 70's but their mostly all 12 - 25 centers. So is this 10 cent deal a price variant?

Well it's not a Silver age 10 center but it's 10 cents grin.gif

DSC00224.jpg

Edited by WiseGuyX