• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,636 posts in this topic

I love the Win Mortimer covers from this time period. He made excellent use of architecture creating some very interesting compositions. The stories are darn good, especially the Sprang time travel story that would have matched the cover.

Maybe because of the color, but more for the simplicity of the design, this is one of my favorite Silver DC covers.

Untitled13.jpg

yeah the time travel story by sprang is jaw dropping. Easily one of the very best artists at DC at the time, but you only really see it in backgrounds & composition because he was hampered by the "House style"

At SD Con I saw the OA to an entire story that had been penciled and inked by Sprang (it was a Batman 3 Musketeers story where he travels back in time -- not from World's Finest as it didn't involve Superman). Sprang had kept it because he had been particularly proud of his work on it -- as he had every right to be. It was superb.

DetectiveComics231.jpg For some reason I don't see this particular issue of Detective Comics very often. It looks better in hand as the colors are much more vivid and sharper. I guess I gotta to play around with the color scheme on photobucket. Oh yeah, I love that World's Finest time travel story as well. I have a copy but not quite as nice. I've always enjoyed reading that story.

DetectiveComics231.jpg For some reason I don't see this particular issue of Detective Comics very often. It looks better in hand as the colors are much more vivid and sharper. I guess I gotta to play around with the color scheme on photobucket. Oh yeah, I love that World's Finest time travel story as well. I have a copy but not quite as nice. I've always enjoyed reading that story.

Very cool cover. Nice (thumbs u

I am not exactly sure why this book always costs so much, it's not that big a key. I really love the cover so I am happy to have an attractive mid grade one.

bats121.jpg

That's a nice copy. I would love to own a copy that nice! Been looking for awhile, but when one appears on C-link, I always am outbid. Just can't afford even a nice CGC 6.5-7.5. Congrats!