• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,636 posts in this topic

1st Brainiac 5 and other assorted costumed gimps.

AC276.jpg

Egads! What is the grade on that beauty?

That sure looks higher than a 7.0. Did you call for the graders' notes? I wonder which each grader gave the book. Anyway, congrats on a great book. I've been looking for a decent copy for quite some time.

SLR

That's a book worthy of being posted early and often! :applause:

I haven't posted this in a while.

TOS0190.jpg

1st Brainiac 5 and other assorted costumed gimps.

AC276.jpg

Egads! What is the grade on that beauty?

That sure looks higher than a 7.0. Did you call for the graders' notes? I wonder which each grader gave the book. Anyway, congrats on a great book. I've been looking for a decent copy for quite some time.

SLR

no, i didn't call for notes, never occured to me. i'm happy with it though.

thank you for your post, appreciated.

al

AC241f-1.jpg

Unequivocally, one of the best Action covers of the period. Mort Weisinger sure had a knack for creating a Superman mythos that entertained millions of kids.

Kudos for a beautiful copy of an iconic cover!

many thanks.

it is one of my favorite Actions as well, and a minor 'key' as well.

1st Fortress of Solitude.

AC241f-1.jpg

Unequivocally, one of the best Action covers of the period. Mort Weisinger sure had a knack for creating a Superman mythos that entertained millions of kids.

many thanks.

It's one of my favorites too. Didn't realize it was the first Fortress story though. I have a copy and must have read it. hm

AC241f-1.jpg

many thanks.

It's one of my favorites too. Didn't realize it was the first Fortress story though. I have a copy and must have read it. hm

well John it says on the cgc label, "First appearance of Fortress of solitude (Fort Superman)"

but you are kind of right because i looked it up on the GCD, and this is what it says;

"Superman's original Fortress appeared in Superman 58 (May 1949). No resemblance to the current version. Called Fort Superman on the cover, inside it's called the Fortress of Solitude. Fortress key on cover is shown as skeleton key. Inside, the classic square edged version is shown."