• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,625 posts in this topic

My first book in almost 2 years. Have wanted a copy, and could not pass it up. Ditko cover and 20 pages of art. A veiled nuclear holocaust cover if there ever was one.

UTales9New001.jpg

WOW! That's a very nice copy! Being a Ditko fan, I had put the entire 1-49 UT run together awhile back and then sold it all off...as circumstances would have it, I felt my #9 was the highest graded copy in the lot (I had it at VF/NM)...sold my copy to AtlasFan in February 2008...was more than happy to add it to Bill's stack...just love this cover...mezmerizing in hand! :cloud9:

My former copy...now AtlasFan's...

UNUSUALTALES09VF-NM-1.jpg

My first book in almost 2 years. Have wanted a copy, and could not pass it up. Ditko cover and 20 pages of art. A veiled nuclear holocaust cover if there ever was one.

UTales9New001.jpg

WOW! That's a very nice copy! Being a Ditko fan, I had put the entire 1-49 UT run together awhile back and then sold it all off...as circumstances would have it, I felt my #9 was the highest graded copy in the lot (I had it at VF/NM)...sold my copy to AtlasFan in February 2008...was more than happy to add it to Bill's stack...just love this cover...mezmerizing in hand! :cloud9:

:gossip: I think those scans are of the same book.

UTales9New001.jpg

:gossip: I think those scans are of the same book.

Was wondering if anyone was going to catch that Rich. :)

It is/was Bill's copy. And it is sweet.

Edited by Wrightson fan

I picked this and a couple other nice books today at a local show.

BB-26.jpg

:takeit:

Here's the companion book that I picked up...

bB-25.jpg

Saw these in person....................fantastic books

Always thought these two were incredibly tough to find in nice shape

Congrats Rick !!!!!

Another recent buy in my ongoing quest to collect every Krypto cover. Although this book is not that tough to find in general most copies seem to have a rather drab or aged hue to the front cover. So finally a copy that looks quite fresh and having decent colors!

Superboy64.jpg

P2110381.jpg

A recent purchase from board member MCMiles. Been looking a long time for this issue since reading Michelle Nolan's article in an issue of CBG. It's the last issue of the title and the cover is a homage to the movie "Forbidden Planet" one of the best Sci-Fi movies of the fifties. Interestingly the movie was based on Shakespeare's "The Tempest" which I read and presented an oral report on in a Shakespeare class in college. Great cover--IMHO! There are only two copies in the census and both are 6.5s

Edited by Stevenrams