• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
15 15

6,624 posts in this topic

This thread and the whole silver age forum has been on fire for the last week! I love this thread and am taking a break from my Dennis the Menace postings to stop back and post another cool 10 center. This is one I picked up at a show a week ago from Al Stoltz (Basement Comics). I'm still trying to complete Batman from 101 to 130 since I have from 131 up. I got this for $100 in solid fine condition, nice gloss, no discoloration to the covers, just some color-breaking spine stresses. I know; I know -- it's not worthy of those AdamStrange comics...

sorry.gif

727665-bat110.jpg

cloud9.gif

Another beautiful 10 cent cover:

727672-sb74.jpg

Hey, CBG, that's an awesome Superboy!! There sure are alot of nice books in this thread. Tons of stuff I've never seen before. Love those old Batman's and Mystery In Space also. I'm personally working on the complete Adam Strange run in MIS in HG (a daunting task, let me tell you). Somewhere along the way, I started picking up high grade copies of Superboy, but don't have any 10 cent-ers I don't think. Saw some REALLY nice high grade Detectives (early 300's from the "Cleveland" collection — I'm not too familiar with this "pedigree", but the covers were super glossy and the pages were snow white) this weekend, but had to past on them to pick up some more great Superman titles. These are "Ohio" copies. I posted them in the General section (2005 pickups), but I'm posting a few here also, just to be apart of this great thread. I love these old 10 cent DC's. Finding them in HG is tough, but very rewarding when you come across a few. By the way, I also saw a Sgt. Bilko #1 in nice grade (probably a 9.0!!) this weekend. Never seen that book before. Does anyone have one? I'm still debating that one also. Anyway, here you go...

727922-Superman121.jpg

727922-Superman121.jpg.fc3ae13470f6c29ae1693f7d596cf6b5.jpg

Hey, CBG, that's an awesome Superboy!! There sure are alot of nice books in this thread. Tons of stuff I've never seen before. Love those old Batman's and Mystery In Space also. I'm personally working on the complete Adam Strange run in MIS in HG (a daunting task, let me tell you). Somewhere along the way, I started picking up high grade copies of Superboy, but don't have any 10 cent-ers I don't think. Saw some REALLY nice high grade Detectives (early 300's from the "Cleveland" collection — I'm not too familiar with this "pedigree", but the covers were super glossy and the pages were snow white) this weekend, but had to past on them to pick up some more great Superman titles. These are "Ohio" copies. I posted them in the General section (2005 pickups), but I'm posting a few here also, just to be apart of this great thread. I love these old 10 cent DC's. Finding them in HG is tough, but very rewarding when you come across a few. By the way, I also saw a Sgt. Bilko #1 in nice grade (probably a 9.0!!) this weekend. Never seen that book before. Does anyone have one? I'm still debating that one also. Anyway, here you go...

727922-Superman121.jpg

Thanks! cloud9.gif

On another note, if you found Clevelands, my recommendation is BUY THEM!!!!

THOSE COMICS ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!! I have several and they are some of the nicest Silver Age comics I have ever seen in terms of page quality, cover color & gloss -- very important qualities for me if I am buying a book.

And as for your Superman....

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gifhail.gif

Wow!

One of my grail comics! cloud9.gif

It took a lifetime to find a nice copy.

CGC says there's color touch.

I don't doubt it, but to this day I have

yet to be able to see or locate it

even with jeweler's glasses.

I'm glad it has the color touch ---

that's why I got it so cheap!!!

664447-121.jpg

Thanks for the advice CBG. I've decided to pick up those Clevelands!! I don't know much about their background, except I think they were stored in a "controlled" environment, and that they are not recognized as a pedigree. Is that correct? Does anyone know any more about them? How many books? Just DC's? What date ranges?

Anyway, here are a couple more "Ohio" Superman...

728215-Superman123.jpg

First Supergirl tryout!!!

728215-Superman123.jpg.36baea1a57f20d9741906ffc28cf56bd.jpg