• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Long Term Storage

14 posts in this topic

What is a proper way to store comics in a Self Storage unit for long term + protection from the elements of Ohio Weather.

As I got a lot of funny books, losing them, however, is not funny.

Thank you all for the help.

:busy:

Also, I got a lotta toys from the 80's as well, any hints for long term storage on those is also accepted. I don't want them rusting now.

I wanted to get something like that, but at the moment money is very tight and I must get my in a storage bin.

Although I found out that for about three years the attic window has been opened, but has done nothing to my comics. And the attic has neither heat nor ac.

Haha, yeah I thought about that. I wouldn't know what to do if that happened haha.

What is up BUtM

Ohio f's up all books. Flee before all your books become burnt and brown.

Ohio weather stinks and there's nothing fun to do either

I hear dodging bullets is a fun past time in certain parts of Ohio. :whee:

Bad boys,bad boys whatcha gonna do when they come for you..

What is a proper way to store comics in a Self Storage unit for long term + protection from the elements of Ohio Weather.

As I got a lot of funny books, losing them, however, is not funny.

Thank you all for the help.

:busy:

Also, I got a lotta toys from the 80's as well, any hints for long term storage on those is also accepted. I don't want them rusting now.

If you are talking about a run of the mill regular self-storage unit, then the temperature and humidity swings are likely to do a number on your comics, particularly if your plan is to store them there for years.

Keep them in the dark, low humidity (about 40%) and low temp (about 64F or 18 C might be optimal but impossible for most collectors to obtain - important may then be to avoid temp fluctuations as much as possible, same with humidity). I put them in Mylar D, protects the books/holders slightly more, and reduces oxygen influx even more. Check them at least 2 times each year.

(thumbs u

More info here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7020029#Post7020029