• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We Can Never Go Home (Black Mask)

322 posts in this topic

I've been collecting all the parody punk album covers and have the last few coming in the mail now. These are particularly awesome to me because it mashes two of my favorite entertainment mediums together.

I had just about every album parodied as a kid. The Misfits, Descendents, Bad Brains, Sonic Youth, Gang Of Four, etc. Love 'em!

The love cover I don't recall specifically is Third Eye's #3 reprint cover. It looks familiar to me but I cannot place it. Anyone care to help?

_57UIQH5WGZ_zpsw3afhfnj.jpg

Society System Decontrol (SSD) Boston punk. The album was called The Kids Will Have Their Say. Really fast east coast music.

:headbang: Awesome, thanks! It's amazing to me that punk did manage to spread around the country pre-interwebs. I missed the fanzine with SSD in it here in the DC area. I'll see if my local record shop has any SSD in stock.

Thanks for that info, I'll take that into consideration next time I'm searching for one of those.

What about the 2nC/BAM covers? Has anyone figured a print run for those? They are mighty plentiful at my local 2nC store even with the half off deal if you have a "sushi list".

Here are some better scans of the covers now that I have them in hand.

I will be holding on to the cover to #1 but am open to offers on the other 3 covers if anyone is interested in adding one to their collections.

WCNGH_1_Cover_small.jpg

WCNGH_2_Cover_small.jpg

WCNGH_4_Cover_small.jpg

WCNGH_5_Cover_small.jpg

Here are some better scans of the covers now that I have them in hand.

I will be holding on to the cover to #1 but am open to offers on the other 3 covers if anyone is interested in adding one to their collections.

WCNGH_1_Cover_small.jpg

WCNGH_2_Cover_small.jpg

WCNGH_4_Cover_small.jpg

WCNGH_5_Cover_small.jpg

(worship) I'm not sure I even want to know how you acquired these. Insanely jealous!

Finally got around to reading the 1st issue, really liked it so I'll check out the rest of 'em. One thing I gotta say though is that much of the mix tape song selections were rather weak and mainstream. Even the punk /hc bands listed are of the well known variety. In a scene with such a rich history of underground music, I'd like to see more representation from the likes of The Mob, La Peste, Social Unrest, Fang, Fast Cars, Satan's Rats etc

Don't slab it :sumo:

This is one of the 1st series I've bought/read in a long time in which I am flatly against grading. Somehow slabbing doesn't seem in line with the punk sensibility of the series. The few slabs I've seen on ebay seem awfully out of place and very sad.

2c

Have to agree with you on that one. That variant might be the only one I'd get slabbed (of course it's the most sought after variant. ugh).

Even still, I'll be happy to keep mine in their mylars for safe keeping. My two favorites are my signed Descendents and Black Flag, with my unsigned Sonic Youth copy a close 2nd. Wait, the Misfits Die Die My Darling variant! It's a comic book with a cover swipe of a record that has a cover swipe of a comic book (Chamber of Chills 19). It is quite badass.

I can't decide. :insane:

Have to agree with you on that one. That variant might be the only one I'd get slabbed (of course it's the most sought after variant. ugh).

Even still, I'll be happy to keep mine in their mylars for safe keeping. My two favorites are my signed Descendents and Black Flag, with my unsigned Sonic Youth copy a close 2nd. Wait, the Misfits Die Die My Darling variant! It's a comic book with a cover swipe of a record that has a cover swipe of a comic book (Chamber of Chills 19). It is quite badass.

I can't decide. :insane: