• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing SPiderman #1---Bound

126 posts in this topic

It was suppose to be a productive post to help me find out the value of a bound book Im about to put pictures of then some somewhat sarcastic remarks were made. With me if I'm spoken to with sarcasm i speak back, but it was in good fun….no harm done

It's been a day.

Where are the pics ? (shrug)

Sorry bro swamped with work will get the pics up in the next couple days. Do you know anything in regards to bound books by any chance?

I've seen them for sale in the sales threads here.

Don't know much about them. But this one sounds interesting. That's why I was asking for pictures.

:headbang:

It's been a day.

Where are the pics ? (shrug)

Sorry bro swamped with work will get the pics up in the next couple days. Do you know anything in regards to bound books by any chance?

I've seen them for sale in the sales threads here.

Don't know much about them. But this one sounds interesting. That's why I was asking for pictures.

:headbang:

yeah i want to get the pics up so people can give me their opinion but i have to drive to storage to get it and i started a new job. But ill get it done and hope i get some useful info on value from everyone.

The thing about bound volumes is that it is just like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There is no price guide and even though a lot of people don't like and/or disagree with binding there are still collectors out there. I have seen silver and gold comics fetch good money being bound.

Assuming they are all originals it will just about always make sense to break them up and have them graded. They big keys that is. Correct?

For collecting it will be personal preference. I'd keep it as is but that's me. Purely to sell I'd calculate cost to disassemble, grade, and sell (fees) against selling as-is to decide if the extra $ was sufficient.

But no pics no thread at this point. No one can tell you anything.

$10,000? Try $100,000. Maybe a million. This might be Jack Kirbys long lost bound volume, the one that disappeared almost thirty years ago.

I'm thinking in terms of all the books having glue/spine damage and all the edges being trimmed.

Ok boys and girls here is whats bound all together in this volume….im trying to sell it and would like to know any ideas of value

Amazing Spiderman #1

Fantastic Four #1

Daredevil #1

Daredevil King size #1

Iron man and sub mariner #1

Iron man #1

Iron man king size #1

Sub mariner king size #1

Astonishing tales #1

Captain marvel #1

Ghost rider #1

Amazing adventures #1

Inhumans and black widow #1

Forever people #1

Where creatures roam #1

Chamber of darkness #1

Where monsters dwell #1

Fantasy Masterpieces #1

Not brand echh #1

Spoof #1

There are 20 total all bound together, let me know what you all think. Thanks guys

If you didn't have the book in hand, how were you able to post its exact contents just yesterday? (shrug)

$10,000? Try $100,000. Maybe a million. This might be Jack Kirbys long lost bound volume, the one that disappeared almost thirty years ago.

I'm thinking in terms of all the books having glue/spine damage and all the edges being trimmed.

If its Kirbys long lost volume, spine damage is not an issue.

Assuming they are all originals it will just about always make sense to break them up and have them graded. They big keys that is. Correct?

For collecting it will be personal preference. I'd keep it as is but that's me. Purely to sell I'd calculate cost to disassemble, grade, and sell (fees) against selling as-is to decide if the extra $ was sufficient.

But no pics no thread at this point. No one can tell you anything.

Pics will be up in a couple days tops i promise

Ok boys and girls here is whats bound all together in this volume….im trying to sell it and would like to know any ideas of value

Amazing Spiderman #1

Fantastic Four #1

Daredevil #1

Daredevil King size #1

Iron man and sub mariner #1

Iron man #1

Iron man king size #1

Sub mariner king size #1

Astonishing tales #1

Captain marvel #1

Ghost rider #1

Amazing adventures #1

Inhumans and black widow #1

Forever people #1

Where creatures roam #1

Chamber of darkness #1

Where monsters dwell #1

Fantasy Masterpieces #1

Not brand echh #1

Spoof #1

There are 20 total all bound together, let me know what you all think. Thanks guys

If you didn't have the book in hand, how were you able to post its exact contents just yesterday? (shrug)

Because I have written on paper an exact count of every title in every volume I have. I have 13 bound volumes with lots of comics In each. I was asking all you board members about This big one. Once I conclude this ill post the other 12. Be patient please you will all c pics soon.

Just curious, but why would a potentially $10,000 bound volume that you just bought be in storage? (shrug)

My exact quote when I posted this was that I stumbled across. So here is the deal. I found the pages that I have with all the bound volumes written in it with exactly what's In each one. I moved here from the east coast 5 years ago and everything I have is packed in boxes and packed safely in storage in la where I currently live. I will go in the next day or two and dig them out. It seems like they are getting a lot of interest.