• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hard Decision

89 posts in this topic

Don't worry John,I get ya'. (thumbs u

Guys sometimes it gets so old when you hear someone is trying to go fishing to sell his comics.

Dude if you need to sell your books sell them or get off the pot! Do you really need complete strangers to tell you that it's okay,and coddle you?

We've been around here on the boards so long,and it gets old to hear this stuff.

At least that's how I interpret Johns thoughts. :whistle:

Anyone ever decided to pull the chute and punch out? I am unsure whether I want to or not. I hate Epay and the board is not all that much better to sell.Have not had much luck on Craigslist and that is what is making keep everything more than anything,

I hate selling collectibles but am hemorrhaging money on a business venture and my time working with the military is coming to an end soon, which has helped offset some of the cost but could use more. Sorry for the rant just venting. Would love to hear how and if you have ever decided to sell off. I will keep a few special books/art if I decide to sell.

What an interesting and innovative new kind of thread you started.

I think you are the first to ever feel this way.

So what advise do you need from all of us to help you make money?

How can we give you information that helps you only?

Didn't realize the forum was set to person_too_unaware_of_social_graces tonight. Don't need anything form you.

Sorry if my ramblings offend you, but really I just don't care.

You remind of people who call fellow collectors just for selfish advice on how to help them only make money.

This thread is so predictable and so basically simple.

What a joke and disgrace.

Sell your collection and hit the bricks......

Yep thats me utterly selfish :eyeroll:

Here is my advise for people who complain about money.

Here's my advice to individual_without_enough_empathys: Don't be an individual_without_enough_empathy.

The guy's just here looking for some feedback from what I can tell. Cut him some slack.

To the OP-Keep it if you can, but sell if you must. You can always buy it back later, but there are challenges with that as well. Good luck with everything.

Anyone ever decided to pull the chute and punch out? I am unsure whether I want to or not. I hate Epay and the board is not all that much better to sell.Have not had much luck on Craigslist and that is what is making keep everything more than anything,

I hate selling collectibles but am hemorrhaging money on a business venture and my time working with the military is coming to an end soon, which has helped offset some of the cost but could use more. Sorry for the rant just venting. Would love to hear how and if you have ever decided to sell off. I will keep a few special books/art if I decide to sell.

Didn't realize the forum was set to person_too_unaware_of_social_graces tonight. Don't need anything form you.

You remind of people who call fellow collectors just for selfish advice on how to help them only make money.

Here's my advice to individual_without_enough_empathys: Don't be an individual_without_enough_empathy.

The guy's just here looking for some feedback from what I can tell. Cut him some slack.

To the OP-Keep it if you can, but sell if you must. You can always buy it back later, but there are challenges with that as well. Good luck with everything.

Hit the search button, and see this dumb thread a million times with the same basic fishing for help to make the original poster money.

I am not a a-hole, I am just upfront and direct.

Don't worry John,I get ya'. (thumbs u

Guys sometimes it gets so old when you hear someone is trying to go fishing to sell his comics.

Dude if you need to sell your books sell them or get off the pot! Do you really need complete strangers to tell you that it's okay,and coddle you?

We've been around here on the boards so long,and it gets old to hear this stuff.

At least that's how I interpret Johns thoughts. :whistle:

(thumbs u You're correct Dave

I am sick and tired of these "hard decision" threads over comics. doh!

Nothing about selling a comic book usually should come with a depressed line of thought if it does then you life balance is way off.

Hit the search button, and see this dumb thread a million times with the same basic fishing for help to make the original poster money.

I could be totally wrong. But I could be totally right. Only the OP is aware of his intentions. Unless the OP has had a similar post in the past, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I'm speaking for myself. If one disagrees, then that's fine too.

We can all be wrong sometimes. I don't want nor would I field questions about selling anything here. I ran my last sell thread here and I said as much in it. Nothing personal to the people I have sold to in the past but I no longer want to deal with Paypal or shipping.

Everyones a keyboard warrior and I could care less what you think. If the mods want to delete the thread, as "you" think it has no meaning ,then please do so.

Well, honestly bud, Keep the books you cherish. Sell the books you know you can get back later. But go with your gut feeling. Hope all works out for you..

Alex..

Give him a hug as well. (thumbs u

Some people would call being up front and direct to the exclusion of others' feelings being an a-hole... :baiting:

We can all be wrong sometimes. I don't want nor would I field questions about selling anything here. I ran my last sell thread here and I said as much in it. Nothing personal to the people I have sold to in the past but I no longer want to deal with Paypal or shipping.

Everyones a keyboard warrior and I could care less what you think. If the mods want to delete the thread, as "you" think it has no meaning ,then please do so.

Not me. (shrug) I am trying to be as nice as I can here.

If you came up to me at show I would tell anyone the same thing.

See you think I am arguing with you which is not what I am doing.

You want a quick fix to sell everything and you are posting complaining about it.

It always funny to me when I see people in life wanting a quick anything. You obviously know how to maximize these transactions so just stop complaining about and take action.

Sorry if I am not all warm and want to hold your hand in you being lazy and not wanting to put effort into selling your cherished collectibles.

Give me a break dude....

Some people would call being up front and direct to the exclusion of others' feelings being an a-hole... :baiting:

Oh well (shrug)

Shadow, I don't know about your area, but in mine I know several guys that would pay upwards of 40-50% of your real value (not guide) for a collection, depending on the big books in your collection. If they can recoup most of their investment for the collection with 1 longbox, they usually jump all over it.

:shrug:

Sorry to hear you are in a spot and thinking of selling your collection.

I don't understand the issue of selling on the board. I've sold many things here with much success.

The only way you will make money is by piece mealing it out. Selling it as one bundle will yield a much less margin. When people buy in bulk they expect huge discounts as they assume you just need the money.

If you aren't in a rush, take your time as try to get your price or close to it.

Lastly, best of luck

I am trying to be as nice as I can here.

Custom title material if I ever heard one. lol

You should try pest control,business is booming. :devil:

Vamanos Pest???

I am trying to be as nice as I can here.

Custom title material if I ever heard one. lol

nc09q.gif