• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR TREK BEYOND (7/22/16)

220 posts in this topic

STAR TREK BEYOND Casts Lydia Wilson In Mysterious Role

Star Trek Beyond has beamed up another new recruit in the form of Lydia Wilson, but in keeping with pretty much every other casting announcement for this movie so far, we have no details about the character she'll be playing whatsoever.

Wilson will probably be best known for playing Domhnall Gleeson’s sister in the Richard Curtis romantic comedy About Time, but she also popped up in the haunting sci-fi drama, Never let Me Go. Whoever she's playing she joins returning cast members Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana and Anton Yelchin; along with other new faces Joe Taslim, Sofia Boutella, and Idris Elba - who we do know will play a villain, at least.

lydia-wilson-profile.jpg

Star Trek Beyond has beamed up another new recruit in the form of Lydia Wilson, but in keeping with pretty much every other casting announcement for this movie so far, we have no details about the character she'll be playing whatsoever.

Wilson will probably be best known for playing Domhnall Gleeson’s sister in the Richard Curtis romantic comedy About Time, but she also popped up in the haunting sci-fi drama, Never let Me Go. Whoever she's playing she joins returning cast members Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg, Karl Urban, Zoe Saldana and Anton Yelchin; along with other new faces Joe Taslim, Sofia Boutella, and Idris Elba - who we do know will play a villain, at least.

lydia-wilson-profile.jpg

I don't know why, but I'm getting a 'Ilia' vibe from her.

lydia-wilson-profile.jpg

I was thinking the same thing

I was thinking the same thing

It's because they have extremely similar facial features. Let's hope they don't intend to make her a cueball in this new film. :wishluck::eek:

lydia-wilson-profile.jpgillia.jpg

Star Trek Beyond Pushed Back Two Weeks

Paramount has decided to push back the release date for Star Trek Beyond.

The film will now be released two weeks later on July 22, 2016 instead of July 8, 2016.

The reason cited for the short delay is that Paramount feels the later July release date for Star Trek Beyond is better after seeing the success of the recent Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, which had a similar later July release.

Star Trek Beyond Pushed Back Two Weeks

Paramount has decided to push back the release date for Star Trek Beyond.

The film will now be released two weeks later on July 22, 2016 instead of July 8, 2016.

The reason cited for the short delay is that Paramount feels the later July release date for Star Trek Beyond is better after seeing the success of the recent Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, which had a similar later July release.

So it opens the Friday of SDCC. That should be fun. :whee: