• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR TREK BEYOND (7/22/16)

220 posts in this topic

:(

R.I.P.

STAR TREK BEYOND & TERMINATOR SALVATION Star Anton Yelchin Passes Away At 27

PJwNABu.jpg

TMZ reports that Yelchin was found at his home pinned by his own vehicle and a brick mailbox early Sunday morning. The police do not suspect any foul play was involved. His car was in neutral and the engine was still running when his body was discovered. His driveway is also said to be on a steep incline. An LAPD spokesperson later told The Hollywood Reporter: "It appears he momentarily exited his car and it rolled backward, causing trauma that led to his death."

Do you think if the make a 4th movie they will recast him?
Maybe, but remember Poltergeist's Dominque Dunne who died tragically after the film's release at the hands of her jealous boyfriend. They just wrote her out of the movie as being "away." They could do the same with him being reassigned in Starfleet (history being re-written after all, thanks Nero) and bring in an all-new character.

I thought about this a lot after Leonard Nimoy passed and what would happen to the Old Spock character.

Do you think if the make a 4th movie they will recast him?
Maybe, but remember Poltergeist's Dominque Dunne who died tragically after the film's release at the hands of her jealous boyfriend. They just wrote her out of the movie as being "away." They could do the same with him being reassigned in Starfleet (history being re-written after all, thanks Nero) and bring in an all-new character.

I thought about this a lot after Leonard Nimoy passed and what would happen to the Old Spock character.

We might have a Fast7 scenario here.

They put him in the movie (using cuts from the earlier two movies and CGI, heck maybe even body double) and give him a farewell.

not to be crass, but the studios saw it translate into $$$ for F7, so they'll be interested in it here too...

though it will be weird if they dont recast and there's no Checkov on the bridge for any future movies, I really liked him paired with Cho as Sulu...

my money is on recasting for the next movie, cant imagine they let an IP character go away.

Zoe Saldana Pays Tribute To Her Star Trek Co-Star Anton Yelchin

antonyelchin-zeosaldana-187504.png

On Thursday, Zoe Saldana (Guardians of the Galaxy) posted a touching tribute to her late friend and Star Trek co-star.

"Your sudden and unexpected departure has left us all broken hearted. I woke up today feeling absolute gratitude that I had you as a friend and colleague," wrote Saldana. "Your life has been cut short, but I will always tell everyone about you. You were kind, present, old souled, curious, brilliant, funny, humble, honest, and undeniably talent. Good bye Anton, it was an honor to have crossed paths with you."

STAR TREK BEYOND New Timeline Named

sub-buzz-17095-1467051210-1-890x395_c.jpg

it's now been confirmed that the alternate timeline introduced in J.J. Abrams' 2009 reboot will be known as the Kelvin Timeline after the starship that was destroyed by Nero (Eric Bana) in the opening scene of the film. James Kirk's father (Chris Hemsworth) was killed that day, which ultimately led to his rebellious son joining Starfleet to see if he could live up to his legacy.

The Mysterious Jaylah Gets Another Cool Character Poster For STAR TREK BEYOND; Plus Rihanna Featurette

Considering how hard Paramount Pictures is pushing her in their marketing campaign, there's certainly something more than meets the eye with Sofia Boutella's mysterious Jaylah, but what that is exactly won't be revealed for at least another month or so. In the meantime, they've released another sleek character poster showcasing her commandeering Captain Kirk's seat and asking the simple question of "Friend or foe?" Everything we've seen of her so far would seem to suggest that she's a friend to the USS Enterprise crew, but looks can be deceiving, so could she actually be playing Captain Kirk and company for her own ulterior motive? Scroll down a bit further to check out the poster.

CmJEdzjUoAEgZSE.jpg

I'm not familiar with Karl Urban outside his appearances in the Trek films, so hearing his real accent takes some getting used too.

It also looks like Chris Pine's hair cut is another throw back to the '60s show.

Never caught/lack of interest in Lord of the Rings?

After seeing them in the theaters, I got burned out, especially after sitting uncomfortably through the long ending of Return of the King. I respect the films but I'm not interested watching them again anytime soon. :tonofbricks:

:o What?! Those movies are totally worth all limbs falling asleep, especially Directors cut/extended edition! And return of the king was 2003, not worth a rewatch by now? (thumbs u

Also,chris pine's hair.

All of the trailers are still telling me this is a Fast and Furious movie with Star Trek characters. Someone pointed this out to the director after the first trailer and he claimed that the one trailer isn't representative of the film...so of course they released a second trailer that also focused on nothing but action. :makepoint: It was controversial for Abrams to inject the action elements into the film, but I greatly enjoyed it. It still looks to me as if Justin Lin is quadrupling down on the precedent set by Abrams. :(