• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STAR TREK BEYOND (7/22/16)

220 posts in this topic

The only movie I want to see more than Star Wars. Not by a wide margin mind you.

EDIT: Just read that the director did Fast and Furious 3 - 6 and not much else. Star Wars is now at the top of the list and Trek dropped down into a rental.

You know, the screenwriter might have something to do with the quality of a movie.

Love the use of Sabotage in this since it was used in the original. Missing some lens flares though!

I totally agree with the Sabotage soundtrack. Especially when Kirk realizes what it is and notes 'It's a good choice!'But I liked the Doctor McCoy line 'At least I won't die alone.'LOL

I finally saw Into Darkness the other day, I really liked it. I'm not sure about Spock yelling "Khan!" but with the 'new' Dr. Marcus, I'll get over it! :luhv:

I also happened to check out the new trailer a few days after seeing the second film, so the timing was just right for me, now I can't wait until August. I'll also be digging out my Beastie Boys Anthology from my long forgotten collection of compact discs.

Saw the trailer this morning for the first time. What's this movie about? ???

There's this star ship. And it has a crew. And at times they are really tight with one another. Other times, not so much.

But what makes it tough is sometimes they are out there for five years together. FIVE YEARS! I know. That's a long time.

:ohnoez:

Trailer looks appalling, maybe JJ is trying to sabotage Star Trek now that he's signed up to Star Wars, lol.

Honestly, the trailer didn`t impress me.

It looks like a cute comedy.

btw. I loved the first two movies of this series.

The trailer seems off. Somethings missing.

Will see. :wishluck:

Trailer looks appalling, maybe JJ is trying to sabotage Star Trek now that he's signed up to Star Wars, lol.

JJ has left the Trek films, no?

He still has some involvement. But not the directing chair like the first two movies, which I really enjoyed.

Directed by:

Justin Lin

Produced by:

J. J. Abrams

Bryan Burk

Roberto Orci

Written by:

Simon Pegg

Doug Jung

Roberto Orci

John D. Payne

Patrick McKay

Saw the trailer this morning for the first time. What's this movie about? ???

There's this star ship. And it has a crew. And at times they are really tight with one another. Other times, not so much.

But what makes it tough is sometimes they are out there for five years together. FIVE YEARS! I know. That's a long time.

:ohnoez:

JJ Abrams took a risk with injecting Star Wars-like action into Star Trek. Star Trek has historically been about exploration and discovery, but JJ wanted to balance that with action. He did it wonderfully, but I'm not sure most directors can do that. Now that Abrams has energized Star Trek for the masses, it looks to me from this trailer that the Fast and Furious director has said "meh, discovery, whatever" and is focusing on the action. To the point that he didn't even think pitching the film's story was even necessary in the trailer. :eek:

Not ready to condemn it, but I'm skeptical. The trailer stunk as a Star Trek piece. :(

Not ready to condemn it, but I'm skeptical. The trailer stunk as a Star Trek piece. :(

That's the shame of it. JJ Abrams just rebuilt a franchise, making it exciting again. Having someone else step in that may not have the same vision and direction could disrupt the franchise all over again.

As more of Star Trek fan, that would be a bummer if Beyond ends up like that.