• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Marvel Titles in October

276 posts in this topic

So the Marvel U is rebooting before the finale of the series that will explain the reboot? Is that how I'm to understand that?

I am not sure "rebooting" is a term adequate to this. It’s not like DC that in time has truly "erased" previous thing and entirely redone them. Marvel, as messy as it has been in the last two decades, always mantained a sort of consistency, even if the characters and many underlying essential things were trashed.

My impression is that this Secret Wars is also a way to test the waters and see whether new titles could work if given to certain writers, and for these which were already selling nicely (Ms. Marvel, Inhuman, Daredevil) very little will change.

This is splitting hairs but DC never "erased" previous continuity. In fact, some of the pre-Crisis situations and characters seeped in post Crisis. And everything post Flashpoint is not much different than what Marvel has planned.

Marvel taking the high road that they never reboot and DC does is disingenuous. Marvel's Brand New Day was as much a reboot as anything DC has done (and one of the worst reboots I can think of) and post Battleworld isn't any different.

It's a good company line, but that is all it is, a company sound bite. Anyone reading the comics can tell what Marvel does isn't much different than what DC does and vice versa.

This is splitting hairs but DC never "erased" previous continuity. In fact, some of the pre-Crisis situations and characters seeped in post Crisis. And everything post Flashpoint is not much different than what Marvel has planned.

Marvel taking the high road that they never reboot and DC does is disingenuous. Marvel's Brand New Day was as much a reboot as anything DC has done (and one of the worst reboots I can think of) and post Battleworld isn't any different.

It's a good company line, but that is all it is, a company sound bite. Anyone reading the comics can tell what Marvel does isn't much different than what DC does and vice versa.

Apologies, but I do not know enough of DC Comics (in general) to adequately reply.

But mostly, whatever they have done since the 1980s has been a true "rewriting". "Crisis" was not something that would have happened at Marvel.

"Brand New Day" was not a "reboot": just a BAD, a plain BAD story (under all aspects).

More like "Civil War": in that I agree they totally disregarded and discarded most characters. But again, it happened in the half 2000s. And DC never had the underlying concept of the Marvel age.

Aside from this, weren't all or most of "The new 52" titles almost complete rewritings done "anew"? hm

A "soft" reboot is still a reboot.

As I said, I do not consider "reboot" a correct term to describe what Marvel has done.

There are so many variants coming out in October I have no idea which ones (by which artists) to concentrate on...there's way too many to get them all.

You could just buy what you like & ignore the rest.

If you're buying to flip the window is fast moving & volatile.

I'd buy books that are selling. Buy on their way up.

There are so many variants coming out in October I have no idea which ones (by which artists) to concentrate on...there's way too many to get them all.

You could just buy what you like & ignore the rest.

If you're buying to flip the window is fast moving & volatile.

I'd buy books that are selling. Buy on their way up.

I’d buy books that both you like and that are selling. That would be a "win-win" in any case. (thumbs u

So Secret Wars is slipping further....and Extraordinary X-Men is slipping...and Marvel has already solicited the first 4 issues of titles like ASM plus a few of those point books (which to me waters down whatever it is that they're doing). I'm intrigued by the new titles and characters, but at the same time, I'm finding it hard to care. Shouldn't they be celebrating and making some noise and making this a big deal instead of letting things (apparently) trickle out randomly?