• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Marvel Titles in October

276 posts in this topic

Captain America #1 by Nick Spencer.....read it, didn't like it for various reasons. The sooner Rogers takes back the costume and the shield the better. Though it looks like they aged him about 30 years.

I think it was a huge mistake releasing all these #1s before Secret Wars wrapped up...I have no idea what's going on or who is who or what is what.

I won't buy any Spencer book until Bedlam comes back. Plus, I avoid giving that db any of my money whenever possible. He's almost as bad as Kot

I think you guys have been around for too long, I took about a 20 year break from these characters, and got caught up fairly quickly and easily without too much care about the bad stuff I missed, and a little nod to the good. There always will be both, so just take what you like and ignore the rest. They are characters that have been around almost 50 or more years, there will be some changes and stories you don't like, but it seems you still will continue to read it even though you talk about hating it.

Yes, the discourse is complex but if there is a thing that remains valid is that Marvel can manage to eventually get back on track – and you just have to ignore and not buy what you consider bad.

Uncanny Inhumans #1- I quickly became acclimated to the Inhuman universe and its characters. And I was entertained. Can't ask for much more out of a first issue.

Although, there is a clear editing mistake. Pages ~31/32 are in the wrong order (the back of the page should be in the front and vice versa).

Captain America #1 by Nick Spencer.....read it, didn't like it for various reasons. The sooner Rogers takes back the costume and the shield the better. Though it looks like they aged him about 30 years.

I think it was a huge mistake releasing all these #1s before Secret Wars wrapped up...I have no idea what's going on or who is who or what is what.

Isn't that what Marvel comics have become now? I mean they have watered down, mix-mashed teams, personalities, characters and universes to the point does anyone know who or what Hulk, Cap, Thor, Wolverine, etc are anymore? Are any of these characters unique anymore? How can they be with multiple renditions redone and redone every season. 2c

This. Very difficult for those casual comic readers to jump in.

Isn't that what Marvel comics have become now? I mean they have watered down, mix-mashed teams, personalities, characters and universes to the point does anyone know who or what Hulk, Cap, Thor, Wolverine, etc are anymore? Are any of these characters unique anymore? How can they be with multiple renditions redone and redone every season. 2c

This. Very difficult for those casual comic readers to jump in.

Actually, what Soule was doing (and I suppose continues to do) with Inhumans is one happy exception, and not surprising the above member picking Inhumans #1 liked it. Dang, I need to pick it too… lol

So far I have not liked any of the books I flipped through. It will be interesting to see whether this relaunch lasts any longer than Marvel Now did on the titles. I don't see it on the longer running ones, but who knows.

So far I have not liked any of the books I flipped through. It will be interesting to see whether this relaunch lasts any longer than Marvel Now did on the titles. I don't see it on the longer running ones, but who knows.

Cannot "flip through" any of these #1s and expect anything. The writing is there, and art mostly too. There will be some Hits and Misses. I have to read Karnak and see how that is, reading Inhumans right now and looking forward to the other Inhumans book.

Not too excited to play "Guess Who Comes Out Next after Iceman" in Extraordinary X-Men, but am interested in seeing Old Man Logan transplanted into the 616 in a X-men book with people he killed.

Oh, and let me say that my favorite thing to happen POST Secret Wars is this......

Deadpool "Ah, ." when he got his card in Avengers 0.

deadpoolavengers_IDcard.jpg

Deadpool Vol. 3 27, 28, 29 are also very much Key issues as that is the first meeting of Cap (Rogers) and Deadpool iirc.

To be honest, I did not like at all the dialogue between the Beast and Medusa in the preview panels which are already around on the web.

I have just bought Inhumans #1, we’ll see…

The X-Men… They are long gone for me, unless they radically rewrite the mess they have produced for years now.

Well, if nothing else, X-Men can only improve by getting Bendis away from them. I love everything he does except his X-Men stuff because I just don't think he gets the characters or the theme at all.

Yesterday I picked up:

BATMAN AND ROBIN ETERNAL #3

AGE OF APOCALYPSE #5

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #2

Went back today for UNCANNY INHUMANS #1. There was only one Art Adams Kirby Monster left. I was just in time because that is the one I wanted.

Batman and Robin Eternal has no power in "New Marvel Titles in October".

My LCS was shorted Iron Man #2 so.....I wait.

Well, if nothing else, X-Men can only improve by getting Bendis away from them. I love everything he does except his X-Men stuff because I just don't think he gets the characters or the theme at all.

Well, to be honest I never liked Bendis as a Marvel author. What you say about the X-Men can be said for most of the characters, and this was encouraged by Marvel, especially since Civil War… hm

I thought Amazing Spider-Man 1 was one of the worst Spider-Man comics I've read in 10 years... maybe more actually.

Good! lol

I thought Amazing Spider-Man 1 was one of the worst Spider-Man comics I've read in 10 years... maybe more actually.

I disagree sir.

I found it to be pure Dan Slott Spidey fun!

It didn't read or feel like Peter Parker. It read like Marvel Cinematic Universe Tony Stark as Spider-Man.

I disagree sir.

I found it to be pure Dan Slott Spidey fun!

It didn't read or feel like Peter Parker. It read like Marvel Cinematic Universe Tony Stark as Spider-Man.

Thought it was pure Peter Parker...

Giving the speech with his fly down.

He's on top, & he still can't win.

Loved it...

( They DO have the worst Alex Ross covers, ever )