• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Marvel Titles in October

276 posts in this topic

I just read Iron Man #1

Pretty damn good.

You just read the invincible iron man #1 that's due out next week?

or you just read the Superior Iron Man #1 from 2 years ago?

I'm very confused.

-Terry

iron man 1 from the 60's

I just read Iron Man #1

Pretty damn good.

You just read the invincible iron man #1 that's due out next week?

or you just read the Superior Iron Man #1 from 2 years ago?

I'm very confused.

-Terry

Iron Man #1 that ships next week.

Retailer's that participated in the Marvel Party program received it today.

Okay! I missed that part. I was confused why a retailer would just now be reading a 2 year old #1 marvel. Or how you would be reading a not released yet comic.

I like Iron man, but am not a liefeld fan. Not liking the Skottie Young either. I might even just do digital on this new IM run.

-Terry

Okay! I missed that part. I was confused why a retailer would just now be reading a 2 year old #1 marvel. Or how you would be reading a not released yet comic.

I like Iron man, but am not a liefeld fan. Not liking the Skottie Young either. I might even just do digital on this new IM run.

-Terry

I think you ARE a bit confused...

It's this one:

( SOLD OUT at Diamond a week before release )

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1

MARVEL COMICS

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) David Marquez

NOT Liefeld & Skottie Young

Exploding out of the pages of SECRET WARS, one of the most popular super heroes in the world gets a gigantic new series. From the creators that brought you ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN comes new armor, new supporting cast, new villains and a new purpose that is going to tear itself across the entire Marvel Universe and beyond. with a shocker of a last page that will have everyone talking and the return of one of Tony's biggest nemeses, you will not want to miss this!! Also, who are Tony's biological parents? The quest begins here

And good luck slabbing your digital copy.

( it has a "Amazing Spider-Man #252 moment" for a MAJOR Character )

the book has a lot going for it...

A ton actually.

-Terry

I think you ARE a bit confused...

It's this one:

( SOLD OUT at Diamond a week before release )

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1

MARVEL COMICS

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) David Marquez

NOT Liefeld & Skottie Young

Exploding out of the pages of SECRET WARS, one of the most popular super heroes in the world gets a gigantic new series. From the creators that brought you ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN comes new armor, new supporting cast, new villains and a new purpose that is going to tear itself across the entire Marvel Universe and beyond. with a shocker of a last page that will have everyone talking and the return of one of Tony's biggest nemeses, you will not want to miss this!! Also, who are Tony's biological parents? The quest begins here

And good luck slabbing your digital copy.

( it has a "Amazing Spider-Man #252 moment" for a MAJOR Character )

the book has a lot going for it...

A ton actually.

You've now got me contemplating adding this book to my 12 book reboot buy list...damn you Larry!

A few reasons why I like it as a fan.

Not necessarily a spec play...

#1- Bendis

#2- It lays out major status quo changes with Marvel Universe proper. They're interesting.

#3-Redesign of cult favorite female character. Simple yet visually stunning.

#4-My favorite Marvel character of ALL TIME appears on the last page & it's a completely different look. ( One that I personally adore.)

As a spec play I love it because the creative team speaks volumes & I'm mostly hearing negative vibes from fans & retailers. I'm betting they get caught short.

( Not one of you will flip through this & not be impressed with the art )

I tend to go against the grain & do my own thing.

I bought a TON including four shop variants.

As a spec play I love it because the creative team speaks volumes & I'm mostly hearing negative vibes from fans & retailers. I'm betting they get caught short.

( Not one of you will flip through this & not be impressed with the art )

Marquez' art on USM was great.

A few reasons why I like it as a fan.

Not necessarily a spec play...

#1- Bendis

#2- It lays out major status quo changes with Marvel Universe proper. They're interesting.

#3-Redesign of cult favorite female character. Simple yet visually stunning.

#4-My favorite Marvel character of ALL TIME appears on the last page & it's a completely different look. ( One that I personally adore.)

:ohnoez:

Captain America #1 by Nick Spencer.....read it, didn't like it for various reasons. The sooner Rogers takes back the costume and the shield the better. Though it looks like they aged him about 30 years.

I think it was a huge mistake releasing all these #1s before Secret Wars wrapped up...I have no idea what's going on or who is who or what is what.

Captain America #1 by Nick Spencer.....read it, didn't like it for various reasons. The sooner Rogers takes back the costume and the shield the better. Though it looks like they aged him about 30 years.

I think it was a huge mistake releasing all these #1s before Secret Wars wrapped up...I have no idea what's going on or who is who or what is what.

+ 1000000000000 it's a mess. It's a cash grab.

+ 1000000000000 it's a mess. It's a cash grab.

Don't worry, the spring reboot will clear it up before the delayed Secret Wars 9 and the various All new All Different titles that are late to ship are released

I have been enjoying the Re-Launch.

Sam Wilson, Captain America was a decent Read, just like any 1st issue, enough set up to get you hooked into reading at least the 1st arc, they cannot deliver a wham, bam 1st issue and leave everything resolved, there is no story telling in that. Kinda interesting premise being that Sam and Cap have been tight for so long, and not knowing what drives them to opposing opinions is awesome.

Pretty Sure this is a lead in to Civil War II Sceduled for the Spring. So buckle up.....

Contest of Champions, well I am just glad they didn't make it completely stupid as to how they adapted a video game to a comic book. Decent read.

Avengers:

Avengers 0 was for sure the best way to get me to want to read the other Avengers titles.

Uncanny Avengers #1 was pretty good, and I have a feeling that we will be seeing more of this books popularity because of Deadpool being on this Unity Squad.

New Avengers #1 Sunspot has lots of Money, and Maker wants it.

Spider-Man:

Amazing #1 I read it and like it. Poor Mans Tony Stark has a nice ring to it.

Spider-Gwen, was ok. Spiderman 2099 I did not read yet.

As for the others:

Doctor Strange was great actually. And yeah, no more Grey Haired Doc Strange! He is a young guy again, just in time for the movie. Doc looks a lot like a certain actor now too....hmmm

Invincible Iron Man, a Bendis written book, that is written well!?!?!?!?! TF happened!?!?!? lol

He writes this one in a complete RDJ tone.

Guardians of the Galaxy started off STRONG as well, leaving intact the big story stuff that came before in the last volume, and running with a few small spoilers from Secret Wars. Glad Schiti is still on the art, and I hope he remains there for a while. Excited for Star-Lord #1 too.

Great set up, some 1st appearances, some new bad guys, some older bad guys who look new, and some updates to some older, kinda corny background characters giving a much needed update to older stories to fit in the present.

And that is just it.....a few small spoilers, nothing really big revealing, but we still don't know what exactly happens, just a little about who is and isn't there Post Secret Wars.

Isn't that what Marvel comics have become now? I mean they have watered down, mix-mashed teams, personalities, characters and universes to the point does anyone know who or what Hulk, Cap, Thor, Wolverine, etc are anymore? Are any of these characters unique anymore? How can they be with multiple renditions redone and redone every season. 2c

I think you guys have been around for too long, I took about a 20 year break from these characters, and got caught up fairly quickly and easily without too much care about the bad stuff I missed, and a little nod to the good. There always will be both, so just take what you like and ignore the rest. They are characters that have been around almost 50 or more years, there will be some changes and stories you don't like, but it seems you still will continue to read it even though you talk about hating it.

Got 'em.