• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Action comics #1 NM on Ebay!

20 posts in this topic

news.gifDid anyone see the Action Comics #1 listed on ebay as an original not a reprint in Near Mint condition. If the link below doesn't work, the ID # is 6513006642 http//cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?viewItem&category=3 If anyone could provide a link to this item that works, it would be great.

Does this guy actually own this book, or is it some kind of scam? Would'nt a scam of this magnitude be rather risky?

I've seen dozens of Action 1 scam auctions on ebay. Maybe more. One guy auctioned off the "super pak," a large "collection" with an "Action 1" and "Detective 27," 5-10 times with different accounts.

I sent the seller some telling questions. The answers will reveal whether it is a scam or not, like the odds are it is not!!!!!!! boo.gif

What? You don't think this zero feedback seller has just had a near mint Action 1 "buried in his collection?"

I sent the seller some telling questions. The answers will reveal whether it is a scam or not, like the odds are it is not!!!!!!! boo.gif

What? You don't think this zero feedback seller has just had a near mint Action 1 "buried in his collection?"

What, like its not possible? I often walk with my head down in the street and find quarters all the time. Maybe the guy found an Action #1? poke2.gif

Amazing how so many key expensive books get auctioned off on ebay with someone with zero feedback. Geez, what are the odds that this would keep occuring? yeahok.gif

Why do the scam artists always sell off the biggest big-ticket books, the ones that will trigger the most alarm bells? Why not sell something expensive but not too flashy, like a Showcase 8 or FF 3? Better chance that someone might bite.

I remember buying some non-key, not particularly expensive WDC&S from an unfamiliar seller on eBay a few years ago, and even when it took ages for the book to arrive because it got caught up in the December mail crush, I never worried that he was scamming me because no con artist would be smart enough to use such a mundane book.

Why do the scam artists always sell off the biggest big-ticket books, the ones that will trigger the most alarm bells? Why not sell something expensive but not too flashy, like a Showcase 8 or FF 3? Better chance that someone might bite.

I remember buying some non-key, not particularly expensive WDC&S from an unfamiliar seller on eBay a few years ago, and even when it took ages for the book to arrive because it got caught up in the December mail crush, I never worried that he was scamming me because no con artist would be smart enough to use such a mundane book.

Interestingly, I just read "Phantom at the Card Table," a book about Walter Irving Scott, a card cheat who fooled the cream of NY's magic circle in the 1930s and 1940s. When he was cheating at a real poker game, he never dealt himself a royal flush or four aces. He only used what he needed to win the big pot -- a "modest" hand like three sevens. But he knew no one else at the table could beat that. A royal flush raises suspicion. No one suspects you of cheating if you win with three sevens.

Off topic, sorry.

Interestingly, I just read "Phantom at the Card Table," a book about Walter Irving Scott, a card cheat who fooled the cream of NY's magic circle in the 1930s and 1940s. When he was cheating at a real poker game, he never dealt himself a royal flush or four aces. He only used what he needed to win the big pot -- a "modest" hand like three sevens. But he knew no one else at the table could beat that. A royal flush raises suspicion. No one suspects you of cheating if you win with three sevens.

Off topic, sorry.

Off topic? Not at all, G.

Most of these scam artists are teenagers not familiar with the law . If you guys think this is bad , try running a search on eBay for sports cards . Every day thousands and thousands of dollars are being spent on counterfeits , many of these buyers are not knowledgeable and don't do their homework ... some are pretty stupid actually ...

Buying comics is a lot safer than card collecting ... thumbsup2.gif

they don't always sell the most expensive items.

I would certainly think that the listings from this seller are phony. he has NEVER sold any item previously and then comes up with a group of GOLD like these. Also no reserve on the books at all. Too good to be true.

Of course just in case i placed a few place holder bids and have emailed the seller with my concerns.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZglasbat

too good to be true?