• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out how popular Suydam is.

137 posts in this topic

He is also notorious for swiping work. CBR used to run a Suydam swipe of the week or something like that.

Is it considered swiping to copy a still from a movie or a photograph? I can understand people not liking someone stealing a panel someone else drew, but I have no problem with someone copying a pose from a photograph, especially an obscure one.

The one's I've seen....they aren't the good kind.

Suydam's "Zarathos" Spirit of Vengeance Card artwork.....

16211_1M_Zarathos__Spirit_of_Vengeance.JPEG

Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest movie poster teaser logo and artwork.

pirates%20poster_zpsu4nxqagm.jpg

He is also notorious for swiping work. CBR used to run a Suydam swipe of the week or something like that.

Is it considered swiping to copy a still from a movie or a photograph? I can understand people not liking someone stealing a panel someone else drew, but I have no problem with someone copying a pose from a photograph, especially an obscure one.

The one's I've seen....they aren't the good kind.

Suydam's "Zarathos" Spirit of Vengeance Card artwork.....

16211_1M_Zarathos__Spirit_of_Vengeance.JPEG

Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest movie poster teaser logo and artwork.

pirates%20poster_zpsu4nxqagm.jpg

WOW! Got some real brass balls to be blatantly ripping other work off like that.

Some CBR Suydam swipe of the week comparisons.

I am merely showcasing what I have seen reported on another site. Everyone is free to assess the following with their own opinion. All of these were pointed out through CBR's "Lying in Gutters" series by Rich Johnston.

Superman by Sienkiewicz… and then by Arthur Suydam

sienksuydam.jpg

Some CBR Suydam swipe of the week comparisons.

I am merely showcasing what I have seen reported on another site. Everyone is free to assess the following with their own opinion. All of these were pointed out through CBR's "Lying in Gutters" series by Rich Johnston.

Superman by Sienkiewicz… and then by Arthur Suydam

sienksuydam.jpg

nul9y.jpg

What always amazed me was how much work Joe Simon swiped from Alex Raymond. In many cases he would swipe the same image two or more times for different work.

SimonSwipe2compare.jpg

The top and bottom are Simon, the middle is Raymond, published 6 years earlier.

SimonSwipe1compare.jpg

Again the top and bottom are Simon, the middle is Raymond, published 6 years earlier.

Here is another one attributed to him…

Homage or swipe ?

frazsuy1.jpg

This was too much of a break… back to writing.

lol

“We had no idea anything in the photo was apart from the original, since I do have a lot of folks visiting–especially on Sunday when I do free sketches for kids. We do that at all shows and offer other promotions as well– I just assumed it was one of those days."

Totally plausible, I mean...just look at the faces on ALL THOSE HAPPY CHILDREN!!!!

CJLc4plWUAEsPnj-600x758.jpg

When will people learn to simply shut up and let the fire burn itself out instead of tossing kerosene on it.

True. The "smiling spin" that keeps coming out of his camp couldn't sound less genuine.

When will people learn to simply shut up and let the fire burn itself out instead of tossing kerosene on it.

True. The "smiling spin" that keeps coming out of his camp couldn't sound less genuine.

Leave the poor guy alone, you big bad bully

I know nothing about photoshop but how did the Asian guy in the sunglasses go from having his watch on his left arm to having it on his right?

The image has been flipped or mirrored.