• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out how popular Suydam is.

137 posts in this topic

I mean everything doesn't have to be perfect as long as people can understand what you are writing. Once they cant understand, then you need to do something.

Please re phrase that comment I want to understand what you are saying.

Accurate. I agree with Yanick. Although they treated me very well and I have no complaints, a clear statement from the con saying none of their guests did anything untoward would be nice. And would alleviate alot of this.

His comments on Renee's blog post about what happened at the con.

Now that one I have a problem with. Swiping from photos is one thing, the Supe swipe is theft.

Although Sienk was, at a minimum, inspired by Neal Adams .

Minimum?

Bill was awarded "Creative Cover Artist of the Year" for this image...

134887_f29eac1689a48c8cc36630927cf10a8e8e5f5167.jpg

You could say he was influenced by C. Coles Phillips and his fade-away girl like this example..

phillp1.gif

But if you dig deeper into the Phillips archive you would find this illustration....

ce416c6a91f56e2355f3c51a591140d1.jpg

Bill has swiped his fair share of photos and other artists work in his time.....

Oh and swiping from photos pre 1923 is fine as it falls into public domain, but after that it is now considered copyright infringement...

This is all so strange to me. I met Suydam while walking around with a DWC witness at Calgary '13. He knew the witness and said: "He a friend of yours?" referring to me, then proceeded to give me a print of his Wolverine #1 homage which he signed.

I couldn't have been more thrilled with the guy. :shrug:

In retrospect, he did have a HUGE setup.

How many prints did you have to buy compared to how many sigs you had him do?

I didn't give him a damn dime, and I wasn't even looking for a sig. We were stopping at his table for someone else's books. I mentioned to the witness that I was a fan of his Marvel Zombies work, and she said she'd introduce me. Then he gave me the print. That was it.

Holy Cow!! That's a first. He squeezed me and everyone around me to buy a print.

Please re phrase that comment I want to understand what you are saying.

Accurate. I agree with Yanick. Although they treated me very well and I have no complaints, a clear statement from the con saying none of their guests did anything untoward would be nice. And would alleviate alot of this.

His comments on Renee's blog post about what happened at the con.

Completely exculpating Suydam and making a statement taking all the blame off of him while simultaneously heaping it all onto themselves would, indeed, alleviate a lot of this.

Whether or not it's true is an entirely different matter. lol

So it was a singular event which occurs AT EVERY SINGLE SHOW HE DOES.

if this were true, then obviously one or more of the aggrieved artists would have been told this by MCC staff, as I'm sure they no doubt they would have asked.

"I'm sorry Mr Manupal, we (MCC) made an error when originally arranging the tables for the artists. As a result, we've had to move your table here to this other location. We sincerely apologize, and as a result will give you this credit to your account."

Instead, it does not appear that the MCC staff told him that, which they obviously would have if that were the case.

Fricken Awesome!!!! lol

The way he tip-toes the line of referring to himself in the third person is the latest delightful turn of events in this saga.

"Bo Jackson knows what Bo Jackson has to do in order for Bo Jackson to be successful". lol

Pictured Below: Mr. Suydam's PR person.

giphy.gif

Followed immediately by:

settingselfonfire1.gif