• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out how popular Suydam is.

137 posts in this topic

That statement he made was removed. What a tool.

The Montreal show changed its floor plan on Thursday, the day before the show, however they didn't send out notification and only the 5 American artists at set up time on Thursday nite knew of the table placement floor-plan change.

The next day at show-time the Canadian artists unfortunately began hearing from a singular trouble-making fan artist who wasn't there at set up who began spreading fabrications to the artists and online that the American artists at the row-end were taking their tables (and guess who that lucky artist on the end was).

The fan artist wasn't in the loop on Thursday and so knew nothing. This is the guy who sat across from us all weekend long at his table with no fans and no one paying him any attention while the crowds flocked to the American artist's tables.

Then the low-I.Q. online crowds, too lazy to check facts more interested to turn simple misunderstandings into an opportunity to create some trouble jumped in .

The show promoters have since come out and corroborated these facts.

Aside from acting like a complete , does anyone else find his whole nationalism angle rather bizarre?

That statement he made was removed. What a tool.

The Montreal show changed its floor plan on Thursday, the day before the show, however they didn't send out notification and only the 5 American artists at set up time on Thursday nite knew of the table placement floor-plan change.

The next day at show-time the Canadian artists unfortunately began hearing from a singular trouble-making fan artist who wasn't there at set up who began spreading fabrications to the artists and online that the American artists at the row-end were taking their tables (and guess who that lucky artist on the end was).

The fan artist wasn't in the loop on Thursday and so knew nothing. This is the guy who sat across from us all weekend long at his table with no fans and no one paying him any attention while the crowds flocked to the American artist's tables.

Then the low-I.Q. online crowds, too lazy to check facts more interested to turn simple misunderstandings into an opportunity to create some trouble jumped in .

The show promoters have since come out and corroborated these facts.

Aside from acting like a complete , does anyone else find his whole nationalism angle rather bizarre?

Apparently being such an epic spoonhole that he is knows no limit.

lol I love Erik for that.

That's my only experience with him, I asked how much a Walking Dead comic he had was, it wasn't in the best shape… He said £100, and said "It's an Artist Proof, so that's the ONLY copy", lol I just said OK, put it back carefully and walked off… Seemed crazy at the time, but I just buried it away, but everything people say seems to be spot on, he wasn't best friendly in the 30 second conversation, and I recall he had 4 tables.

Kind of makes me hate my signed CGC SS books I have by him :(

Is there some kind of Bucky O'Hare turns artists into individual_without_enough_empathys disease or something? I recall meeting Michael Golden and he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, as is Neal Adams (Supposedly… but never met him)… although, heard lots of great things about Larry Hama, so I guess it can't be a Bucky O'Hare disease lol

Wow.

And some of those comments are...interesting.

Murray G ‏@Rorschach3000 34 minutes ago

@ErikJLarsen Is he still selling ordinary comics for $100.00 that are allegedly "artist proofs"?

That's my only experience with him, I asked how much a Walking Dead comic he had was, it wasn't in the best shape… He said £100, and said "It's an Artist Proof, so that's the ONLY copy", lol I just said OK, put it back carefully and walked off… Seemed crazy at the time, but I just buried it away, but everything people say seems to be spot on, he wasn't best friendly in the 30 second conversation, and I recall he had 4 tables.

Is there some kind of Bucky O'Hare turns artists into individual_without_enough_empathys disease or something? I recall meeting Michael Golden and he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, as is Neal Adams (Supposedly… but never met him)… although, heard lots of great things about Larry Hama, so I guess it can't be a Bucky O'Hare disease lol

Wow.

@ErikJLarsen Is he still selling ordinary comics for $100.00 that are allegedly "artist proofs"?

I've heard stories about Neal Adams, but I've met him plenty of times and he's always cordial. He's always busy too, but makes time to exchange a word or two, shake hands, etc.

Wow.

I've heard stories about Neal Adams, but I've met him plenty of times and he's always cordial. He's always busy too, but makes time to exchange a word or two, shake hands, etc.

Neal is absolutely great and acknowledges that he is an individual_without_enough_empathy.

That's my only experience with him, I asked how much a Walking Dead comic he had was, it wasn't in the best shape He said £100, and said "It's an Artist Proof, so that's the ONLY copy", lol I just said OK, put it back carefully and walked off Seemed crazy at the time, but I just buried it away, but everything people say seems to be spot on, he wasn't best friendly in the 30 second conversation, and I recall he had 4 tables.

Is there some kind of Bucky O'Hare turns artists into individual_without_enough_empathys disease or something? I recall meeting Michael Golden and he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, as is Neal Adams (Supposedly but never met him) although, heard lots of great things about Larry Hama, so I guess it can't be a Bucky O'Hare disease lol

Wow.

I'm not sure why you are surprised some artists aren't the most socially adept. Its much more common for artists and people who are extremely skilled (in some cases genius level) to have some level of social anxiety, social disorders (borderline or stronger), and weak communication skills. That's one of the reasons many (certainly not all) artists get into (or become very good at) art, because they have trouble expressing themselves in other ways.

That doesn't excuse poor behavior if/when it happens, but I don't think you should be surprised by it. But there's enough truly great guys/gals out there to enjoy yourself at a con either way, so spend your time and money on them.

Who said I was surprised? :shrug:

I've met a couple a-holes in the industry. Not a shock, just a shame.

That's my only experience with him, I asked how much a Walking Dead comic he had was, it wasn't in the best shape He said £100, and said "It's an Artist Proof, so that's the ONLY copy", lol I just said OK, put it back carefully and walked off Seemed crazy at the time, but I just buried it away, but everything people say seems to be spot on, he wasn't best friendly in the 30 second conversation, and I recall he had 4 tables.

Is there some kind of Bucky O'Hare turns artists into individual_without_enough_empathys disease or something? I recall meeting Michael Golden and he was an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, as is Neal Adams (Supposedly but never met him) although, heard lots of great things about Larry Hama, so I guess it can't be a Bucky O'Hare disease lol

Wow.

I'm not sure why you are surprised some artists aren't the most socially adept. Its much more common for artists and people who are extremely skilled (in some cases genius level) to have some level of social anxiety, social disorders (borderline or stronger), and weak communication skills. That's one of the reasons many (certainly not all) artists get into (or become very good at) art, because they have trouble expressing themselves in other ways.

That doesn't excuse poor behavior if/when it happens, but I don't think you should be surprised by it. But there's enough truly great guys/gals out there to enjoy yourself at a con either way, so spend your time and money on them.

Who said I was surprised? :shrug:

I've met a couple a-holes in the industry. Not a shock, just a shame.

Wow.

sorry I guess it sounded like you thought something 'turned them' into something worse. While that might be true in some cases, I think its much more likely that that's just how they are.

WIZARD WORLD Sunday Exclusive for Fans 16 & Under!

**EXCLUSIVE** Arthur Suydam, Zombie King!, Offering Free Sketches @ Wizard World Comic Cons!‘Zombie King’ Arthur Suydam To Sketch Free For Kids on Sunday @ Wizard World Comic Cons!

Zombies are all the rage, and at the top of anyone’s list of zombie artists is Arthur Suydam, who will treat fans to his own take on the phenomenon at Wizard World Comic Cons on Sunday at all 2015 events!

He’s not called “The Zombie King” for nothing, and the award-winning celebrity artist will show off some of the amazing talent which has landed him covers on dozens of titles like “Marvel Zombies.” The Spike TV and Scream Award winner is a huge favorite at Wizard World shows.

And as a special treat, Suydam will make a free sketch for the first 150 kids ages 16 and under to visit Suydam’s booth on Sunday until closing.

Suydam’s popular covers have graced the covers of The Walking Dead, Marvel Zombies, Deadpool, Merc with a Mouth, Dead Days, The Misfits Devil’s Rain, Land of the Dead, Batman, Wolverine, X-men, Ghost Rider, Thor, Spider Girl and many more. In 2008 Marvel released an exclusive hard cover tribute to the works of this unique artist entitled Marvel Zombies, The Covers dedicated to Suydam’s ground-breaking work. Additional recent works include, Army of Darkness, Savage Tales, Red Sonja and the smash hit Army of Darkness vs. Marvel Zombies, Batman vs. Predator, Conan the Barbarian, Tarzan and House of Secrets, and The Tick.

Is this typical of him or is he trying to win some points back?