• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ultimate Dennis the Menace Thread
3 3

1,431 posts in this topic

Not exactly a Dennis comic, but would anyone have a rough idea of what the markup would be on a 1981 Mercedes 300TD owned by Hank Ketcham at the time of his death? The service manual for the vehicle has his handwriting in it and it was purchased at his estate sale.

Thanks,

A. R.

Amazon lists Hank Ketcham's Complete Dennis the Menace 1959-1960 (Vol. 5) as coming out on Dec. 1, 2008. Here's the listing: http://www.amazon.com/Ketchams-Complete-Dennis-Menace-1959-1960/dp/1560979666/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1214325342&sr=1-1

And the cover:

51LrqFYwRvL._SS500_.jpg

They also now have vol. 4 for $8.39, and Where's Dennis for $11.65.

I just listed a big stack of Dennis comics on eBay, including most issues from about #23 to #119. Condition ranges from about Good to Very Good/Fine on a couple, and most of the Wiseman era books are listed as invididual lots, with the later issues bundled together in small lots of 5 to 10 issues per auction.

If interested, check the listings out at:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpopculturamaQQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0

And although I slapped fairly dear Buy It Now prices on most of them, please don't be shy about making an offer on any you see. I'm actually pretty flexible on price.

This may have been touched on before as I am new to this thread. I'm an OA collectors and would love to find some Dennis art by Wiseman to add to my collection. Does anyone have any idea where to find; or does anyone have any to sell? Thanks, Dan F.

Wow!!! You are setting your sites in the Stratosphere!!!

I would imagine those are going to be a nightmare to find, if there are still any around, and the ones that are are probably locked up tight in collections!

Good luck though That would be some way cool art to own!!!

I agree it may be a tall order. But, I'm also one of those guys who doesn't mind digging deep for special art pieces, so you never know....

I recently found my large stash of Dennis comics and have been reading them with my 7 year old... who is hooked. It would be nice to add an example to some of my other favorite pieces that I read and enjoyed as a kid. I've managed to find swell examples from Little Archie and Little Lulu (my other two childhood favs that continue to entertain me) and so am hoping to track down a Wiseman... thanks, Dan

I agree it may be a tall order. But, I'm also one of those guys who doesn't mind digging deep for special art pieces, so you never know....

I recently found my large stash of Dennis comics and have been reading them with my 7 year old... who is hooked. It would be nice to add an example to some of my other favorite pieces that I read and enjoyed as a kid. I've managed to find swell examples from Little Archie and Little Lulu (my other two childhood favs that continue to entertain me) and so am hoping to track down a Wiseman... thanks, Dan

My 2 girls love comics from the 50s as well. I found a great '50 comic booknewspaper strip site run by fandom's own Ger Apeldoorn. Great Stuff!

Bill

http://allthingsger.blogspot.com/:

Alot of OA stuff too!

Edited by AtlasFan

Yes I love Dennis as well!

It holds up surprisingly well for this 43 year old! I have been reading some recently and I find I am enjoying it as much as when I WAS A YOUNG CHILD!

Little Lulu and Archie are a couple of my Favorites as well!!

I will keep my eyes peeled for you!

i am sure you have allready posted this request in the OA section, if not those guys might be able to help!

Since this thread was ressurected I Niticed my post above got screwed up in photobucket! It wont let me edit it so I figured I repost my favorite Dennis. Issue 1 Low grade but considering the scarcity...I am happy!

IMG00123.jpg

Since this thread was ressurected I Niticed my post above got screwed up in photobucket! It wont let me edit it so I figured I repost my favorite Dennis. Issue 1 Low grade but considering the scarcity...I am happy!

IMG00123.jpg

Let me know when that one goes up for sale. Nice book.

Ed

IMG00123.jpg

Let me know when that one goes up for sale. Nice book.

Ed

(thumbs u

Hello to my fellow dennis fans . I have been collecting dennis comics since I was a kid . I found this thread its great . I just bought A #3 ON EBAY . I have a question for anyone who can answer this . How can I find out how many of each dennis comics were made .? thanks

I dont know of any web sites devoted to Dennis, I would Imagine there are a few!

Good luck in the Hunt and let us know if you find one. I would be interested in a comprehensive listing!

Welcome to the Boards!!