• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman The Killing Joke Animated Movie

215 posts in this topic

Here’s where you can see ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ in theaters on July 25th

Warner Bros. and Fanthom Events are teaming up for a special one night only screening of Batman: The Killing Joke. The screenings will take place across the country on Monday, July 25th at 7:30pm and 10:00pm (local time), and feature exclusive-to-the-evening presentations before and after the film rolls.

Batman: The Killing Joke select theaters list

Not so limited, which is good for those that want to see it at a theater.

Got my tickets! :whee:

No way! That is my birthday too. But if I go, I will have to do it alone as no-one will indulge me even on my b-day. :(

Warner Bros. and Fanthom Events are teaming up for a special one night only screening of Batman: The Killing Joke. The screenings will take place across the country on Monday, July 25th at 7:30pm and 10:00pm (local time), and feature exclusive-to-the-evening presentations before and after the film rolls.

No way! That is my birthday too. But if I go, I will have to do it alone as no-one will indulge me even on my b-day. :(

I'm your huckleberry (thumbs u

You get the tickets and we're sorted... oh and the popcorn (butter please), the flight over, accommodation for at least two nights (I don't mind the sofa, as long as it's comfortable and there's no pet hairs) and a good stack of cold ones. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I'm your huckleberry (thumbs u

You get the tickets and we're sorted... oh and the popcorn (butter please), the flight over, accommodation for at least two nights (I don't mind the sofa, as long as it's comfortable and there's no pet hairs) and a good stack of cold ones. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Thank you.

Batman: The Killing Joke Now Screening Two Days In Movie Theaters

Due to overwhelming demand, not only has Batman: The Killing Joke added hundreds of theaters to its Monday night debut, but now the movie gets a second release date. In addition to Monday, July 25th, Batman: The Killing Joke can now be seen on Tuesday, July 26th.

Batman: The Killing Joke will also be screened this week at Comic-Con.

Get your tickets now

Get the popcorn, because that "added Batgirl material" is out, and it's ... well ... :popcorn:

The Killing Joke is a Disaster, Right Down to its Comic-Con Panel

Sounds like the Bleeding Cool 'reporter' was heckling from the audience.

According to Bleeding Cool reporter Jeremy Konrad, the writers insisted she was still a strong female character. Konrad, who’d already seen the film and didn’t agree, himself sarcastically shouted, “Yeah, by using sex and then pining for Bruce.”

So then the co-screen writer reacted by calling him out. I wonder if these two have had issues in the past, leading to the very strong response.

Timm gave a more reasonable response.

"I actually like that in that opening story both Batman and Batgirl make a series of mistakes and then it kind of escalates, because Batman kind of overreacts and then she overreacts to his overreaction," said Timm. That's a very human thing."

Timm gave a more reasonable response.

"I actually like that in that opening story both Batman and Batgirl make a series of mistakes and then it kind of escalates, because Batman kind of overreacts and then she overreacts to his overreaction," said Timm. That's a very human thing."

The scene between Batgirl and Batman is certainly different. Bats being standoffish after that situation is a poor way to move into the comic storyline.

Just finished watching this...the prologue part is absolutely terrible. It was completely unnecessary and they could have come up with a better story to connect to the main storyline. The prologue part has absolutely nothing to do with the actual "Killing Joke" story.

The main part was fantastic...they added a bit more in but it was not a major draw back for it. The animation was kinda hit or miss in a few places. The shot of Joker going mad after the chemical plant accident was a great mock up of the panel from the comic.

Overall, pretty decent, but you really have to grade each part separately.

Other than the crappy prologue, the only other issue I had with it was...

The scene after the credits started...showing Barbara in the wheelchair and "booting up" Oracle. Completely unneeded! Should have ended the way the comic did...the joke...the laughing...the puddle...done!