• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC and Boom! Announce new George Perez label

16 posts in this topic

CGC and Boom! Announce New George Perez Label

Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) and Boom! Studios have teamed up with George Perez to create the first-ever custom art CGC label. Perez hand-sketched Sirens series for a certification label that will be available just in time for encapsulation with Sirens #4, scheduled for release by Boom! Studios on July 8th at Comic Con International — San Diego.

Given full artistic control of the label, Perez created a stunning design of Sirens ’ seven heroines, who travel across space and time to save the universe. “Not being able to choose among my Sirens children, I opted to draw all seven of them. It was interesting doing so without any reference in front me,” Perez says of the experience.

833e8b64-8248-408e-a786-0f098010432c.jpg

Sirens #4 can be purchased through Boom! and submitted directly to CGC. Customers can purchase the Perez label in CGC’s Blue Universal Designation for an additional $5 fee. It is also available in the Yellow Signature Series label, if the book is signed and witnessed. Previous issues of George Perez Sirens are also eligible for encapsulation with the Perez custom label, upon request.

fccaaeb8-a067-4f87-b227-9af82222541e.jpg

We’re thrilled to be able to launch this custom label program with an icon of George Perez’s stature and a publisher with the innovative spirit of Boom!” said CGC Director of Operations Harshen Patel. “Right from the start, they shared our excitement about this opportunity to offer something entirely new to comic book collectors.”

For more information on the custom Perez label, email: Submissions@cgccomics.com or call CGC customer service at 877-NM-COMIC.

How soon till they star charging extra for a special label

Modern + fast track + special label

They already do - there's a $5 fee for the Perez label :shrug:

My bad. Didnt realize that. I should have if I read it properly

That's a funny one. Wasn't it that guy who collects just the labels talking about this very thing. hm

Yuppers there's quite a few people on this board with egg on their supercilious faces over this exciting development in the manufactured CGC label collecting arena of which I am its most prominent and knowledgeable member.

Some people will always appear from out under their stones and are happy to criticise and belittle other's collecting focus but curiously absent when they're shown to be spiteful, small-minded and ultimately 100% in the wrong.

Where I collect. others shall surely follow.