• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sellers/Buyers Etiquette or the lack of in recent times...

87 posts in this topic

rantrant

Is it just my imagination of are there more new sellers (and some buyers) that are borderline obnoxious?

I mean the CGC boards graciously allows us to post here to sell and trade for FREE!

There have been more whining and lack of patience over the past few days than I've ever seen here...

A seller impatient for a payment (when their set sellers conditions didn't clarify the need for immediate payment) after barely 12 hours over night??? and shame on the buyers nipping that the heels to try to snatch the book out of this deal - instead of doing the right thing and telling the new seller to perhaps give them a little more time???

A seller popping over to another sales thread and posting GPA data to defend their own prices against theirs???

O. K. for the record - It's kind of an unspoken that a lot of the old school sellers try to leave more meat on the bone when selling here because of the fact of no fees and most people here are legit and makes the deals easier. If you don't want to do that then fine, but thread pooping another seller is just a bummer! I know one seller said what they needed to say, but does that conversion need to take place in another persons sales thread? Really???

Also why are there seemingly less new sellers that read the rules???

Should it be mandated that the proposed seller send a PM to the architect prior to selling

to assure that the rules were at least read once over?

Anyway, this is a Call to Order folks - we are better than this as a community, there a lot of big hearts that are very charitable and make this a strong community - I say what I say to keep it strong and protect the privilege of CGC allowing us to conduct commerce here.

Now Grading - That's a whole over different ball of wax...

/ rantrant

rantrant

Is it just my imagination of are there more new sellers (and some buyers) that are borderline obnoxious?

I mean the CGC boards graciously allows us to post here to sell and trade for FREE!

There have been more whining and lack of patience over the past few days than I've ever seen here...

A seller impatient for a payment (when their set sellers conditions didn't clarify the need for immediate payment) after barely 12 hours over night??? and shame on the buyers nipping that the heels to try to snatch the book out of this deal - instead of doing the right thing and telling the new seller to perhaps give them a little more time???

A seller popping over to another sales thread and posting GPA data to defend their own prices against theirs???

O. K. for the record - It's kind of an unspoken that a lot of the old school sellers try to leave more meat on the bone when selling here because of the fact of no fees and most people here are legit and makes the deals easier. If you don't want to do that then fine, but thread pooping another seller is just a bummer! I know one seller said what they needed to say, but does that conversion need to take place in another persons sales thread? Really???

Should it be mandated that the proposed seller send a PM to the architect prior to selling

Anyway, this is a Call to Order folks - we are better than this as a community, there a lot of big hearts that are very charitable and make this a strong community - I say what I say to keep it strong and protect the privilege of CGC allowing us to conduct commerce here.

/ rantrant

Link on that one?

rantrant

/ rantrant

Link on that one?

I'm curious to see that as well.

rantrant

/ rantrant

Link on that one?

I'm curious to see that as well.

Yes please, don't make us look for it.

Link on that one?

It's already been removed.

It was in this thread as a retort to a comment made, but...

Honestly this just wasn't the place.

I'm sure Mike (that gives absurdly great deals) is frustrated that more new folks aren't following his like and being as generous.

you can lead a horse to water I guess...

Link on that one?

It's already been removed.

It was in this thread as a retort to a comment made, but...

Honestly this just wasn't the place.

I'm sure Mike (that gives absurdly great deals) is frustrated that new more folks aren't following his like and being as generous.

you can lead a horse to water I guess...

Isn't this the guy who came on the boards initially listing one book per thread? He's been here two weeks and figures it's time to school a long-time boardie. :makepoint:

lol - I saw that...Newbie seller...I couldn't believe this guy was trying to "school" GA in his own sales thread... doh! At least that is what I thought he was trying to do....

I believe he compared GPA to the Beckett Price Guide or something??? There was also some other sort of disclaimer...

rantrant

/ rantrant

Awesome post, brother! :applause:

Wally is right, guys. Some really foolish behavior that can be better regulated. I think there should be a minimum wait or probationary period plus minimum number of posts before you can buy or sell here -- surprised it hasnt happened. If the newbie doesn't like it, they can go back and troll on eBay.

rantrant

/ rantrant

:applause:

The only observation that I can comfortably make is that the G/S/B forum is very active and has been for some time now (more so than I recall in my time here). It's harder to make a sale there due to competition. I would joke that it's my crappy books, but I see other good books at good prices go unsold. There have been some boner sellers lately, and as for buyers, I dunno. I'm waiting on $$$ from someone, but he's always late and that's fine. I've dealt with him before. And I think that's the important part--those of us who are frequent or common buyers and sellers know each other and are comfortable. Hopefully, the dross will get ignored.

We have a ton of debated rules and guidelines and practices, but you know, in a place like this, public shaming and running off the riff raff still works pretty well.

Now someone message me about a first appearance of Hawkeye 5.5 that I want to sell because some doctor decided that my wife needed to be put to sleep in order to have a tube stuck into her bum.

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

:banana:

This is how I read your post

There have been some boner sellers lately

... I've dealt with him before. And I think that's the important part

We have a ...

...my wife needed to be put to sleep...

...a tube stuck into her bum.

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

:banana:

I'm sorry to hear that there have been some issues, as this should be a place where we can all get together and maybe sell books to each other without some of the affiliated costs of auction sites, therefore taking a bit less in return.

Regardless, it sucks to hear this. I've had nothing but fine communication and cordial transactions over the last couple of years, but it's probably dumb luck.