• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Adventure Comics 229

27 posts in this topic

It was released in October of 1956 same month as Showcase 4. Its the beginning of an era, i agree that Aquaman was already there but something changed on this issue ; they didn´t re invented it but they gave him a new pet (Topo) .. Like Kripto for Superboy.

Because of the fact that the writers started something new with Aquaman in the beginning of the new era : the SA makes me think that i should get this underrated book

The first appearance of Topo the octopus was the beginning of an era? Wow...

The intro of a superhero pet is at least a semi-minor demi key, twice removed. :sumo:

What about Action 261, first appearance of Streaky the Kryptonian Cat? hm

Streaky's a cat so it would be a semi-minor demi key, once removed.

What about Action 261, first appearance of Streaky the Kryptonian Cat? hm

Streaky wasn't from Krypton. He was an Earth kitty who gained temporary Kryptonian super-powers from X-Kryptonite. Supergirl was trying to invent a substance that would protect her and Superman from Kryptonite radiation but all she ended up with was a glowing green marble that she disposed of safely by tossing it out the window. Somehow it got rolled up in a ball of yarn and whenever Streaky played with it he would get super-powers again.

I guess it's obvious I collected super pet comics and have too much time on my hands.