• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

Dow was down 588.... If it continues downward look for a large number of buyers on the sidelines... Might be an opportunity ....sellers market

From the big $ bidders no change in agenda I suspect. But from avg joe American, I bet he/she becomes conservative if the dow continues its down fall hm

There were bargains galore this morning when overextended money managers began dumping their census topping GA and SA keys as they scrambled to meet margin calls.

At any rate, I assume a lot of that happened. :D

I seriously doubt many (if any) money managers would have census topping GA and SA keys. :gossip:

Dow was down 588.... If it continues downward look for a large number of buyers on the sidelines... Might be an opportunity ....sellers market

From the big $ bidders no change in agenda I suspect. But from avg joe American, I bet he/she becomes conservative if the dow continues its down fall hm

There were bargains galore this morning when overextended money managers began dumping their census topping GA and SA keys as they scrambled to meet margin calls.

At any rate, I assume a lot of that happened. :D

I seriously doubt many (if any) money managers would have census topping GA and SA keys. :gossip:

That's why they couldn't make their margin calls. :makepoint:

Bidders picked up this morning with the good news on the US stock market, china cut interest rates still took a 7% hit. More bidders came on this AM now at 9407 internet /mail/fax bidders.

Comic books are now tied into the Chinese economy. Everything is connected.

Well, just about all my many tracking bids are way under water. So much so, that the current prices are already above what I am willing to pay. May be shut out for the first time in quite a while.

Despite the stock market tanking at the close buyer interest has picked up.. We are heading to 9750! Actual bidder members in this auction... I did not think they could crack 10,000 but looks by the end of the auction they could. At one time they told me they had 100,000 comic book and art collectors... If 25% are still active... The 10k bidders seem correct.

This is my first time bidding on Heritage. When is the best time to bid? The week before or on the day of the live auction? I don't really get how it works.

It's a live auction. You can log on and bid in real time. Sometimes a pre-auction Internet or mail bid wins, but for the most desirable books, the winner usually comes from live bidding.

So does the live auction just start out at the price of the max bid from the week long auction? Or are you just locking in your amount for the live auction?

Exactly. If the high bid on, say, the IH 1 is $46,000 when Internet bidding closes, then that's what the live bidding starts at unless someone has sent in a higher bid by mail.

So does the live auction just start out at the price of the max bid from the week long auction? Or are you just locking in your amount for the live auction?

Exactly. If the high bid on, say, the IH 1 is $46,000 when Internet bidding closes, then that's what the live bidding starts at unless someone has sent in a higher bid by mail.

Also, if you're the high bidder at the end of pre-bidding and your max bid hasn't been reached yet, the system will proxy bid for you up to that maximum during the live bidding. Good luck!

Hey Mitch;

How about the much talked about Suspense #3 here?

Still running around at condition guide with only a few more days to go.

Or do you think the big boys are just laying low in the bushes for now and waiting until the actual auction to show their hand? hm

Picked up steam in the last two days...

Action #23 took a HUGE leap (glad I have 3 copies)!

Only natural. It's a highest certified copy.

The bad news (for me) is that I was bidding on it at the Phillip Weiss Auction but dropped out because a) no one thought it was higher than a 7.0/7.5 and b) someone offered me a lower graded copy at a decent price literally the day before the auction