• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA AUGUST 27-29 SIGNATURE AUCTION

671 posts in this topic

Nice looking catalog this time around, though I can't help but wonder about the significance of an auction house starting to print chromium cover catalogs :eek:

lol

...out of all the gimmick covers, the Chromiums were always my favorites. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Even if Heritage stopped producing the catalog (which I hope they won't), people here are dreaming if they think that would result in a reduction of the BP. It would just be an opex savings that would flow to Heritage's bottom line.

Things just don't work that way in real life.

exactly

You two are just so wise beyond your years! (thumbs u

BTW: Received my catalog from the driver a couple of days ago. Need to open it up so that I can place some more bids since I tend to miss quite a bit and some listings don't catch my attention when I am just using on-line.

Is it just me or are those big pencils letters on the front of the Detective 37 a huge issue. I look at that cover and its all I see... Not in any lifetime would I pay that for that book with those letters....

Not to mention the 3 pieces of tape on the interior.

The small pieces of tape don't bother me, plus they're on the inside. The scribbling however ...

Me no likey tape.

When there are only 37 universal copies ( curious number :grin: ) and only a single issue in grades 6.5 to 9.0, can one be picky (shrug)

Yes, because the copies in the census are probably the tip of the iceberg in terms of extant copies. Original owner GA collections may be few and far between, but there are still plenty of 2nd-owner collections that were built up in the 70s and 80s. Many of those will be coming to market in the next 10 years or so.

When there are only 37 universal copies ( curious number :grin: ) and only a single issue in grades 6.5 to 9.0, can one be picky (shrug)

Yes, because the copies in the census are probably the tip of the iceberg in terms of extant copies. Original owner GA collections may be few and far between, but there are still plenty of 2nd-owner collections that were built up in the 70s and 80s. Many of those will be coming to market in the next 10 years or so.

Yes, but what's the chance the prices will also be substantially higher by the time they do come out? hm

Yes, but what's the chance the prices will also be substantially higher by the time they do come out? hm

I think those pre-Robin Tecs have peaked. They may not go down in the near future, but I don't think they'll continue to go up (at least not in terms of 2015 dollars; they may keep pace with inflation).

I think those pre-Robin Tecs have peaked. They may not go down in the near future, but I don't think they'll continue to go up (at least not in terms of 2015 dollars; they may keep pace with inflation).

I completely disagree. There are plenty still looking for them including many boardies, plus you have a new wave of movies that are trying to make Batman relevant again.

I don't think movies in general have a big impact on the GA market but it sure doesn't hurt.

Lastly it's not like the supply is increasing, if anything it is getting smaller especially when collectors find a copy they keep and then that book is off the market for years.

James G

well they are pretty well the most expensive non-keys in the hobby. How can they really get any higher, in RELATIVE terms, without a reversal of the trend towards keys? Don't see that happening.

For those that are not high rollers, some of Mr. Woo's slabbed comics will be available in Sept, 2015 Sunday Heritage Auctions. These are the 1960s Gold Key, Dell, Harvey titles or 'lesser' slabbed grades of 9.0 to 9.4.

well they are pretty well the most expensive non-keys in the hobby. How can they really get any higher, in RELATIVE terms, without a reversal of the trend towards keys? Don't see that happening.

It depends is a classic cover a key issue these days I think they are. Many of the early Batman covers have Zero content but are considered key because of the covers. Tec 31,35,36. The early Action Superman covers are the same way and even more expensive.

I think in this day and age classic covers ARE key books.

James