• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stoned Age comix appreciation thread

300 posts in this topic

Comicwiz

Mine was a question born out of curiosity; surely there already exists a collection out there worthy of a pedigree status that contains a fair sprinkling of UG's confused-smiley-013.gif? Anyone?

I can see your point Fandango. I'm just not sure that the same rules of pedigree designation ought to apply with UG's. BTW: I tried to PM you and I keep getting:

We cannot proceed.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening? Is it possible I've reached my PM quota and need to delete some PM's before I can start using it again? confused-smiley-013.gif

You're not logged in! Tom

With the launch of Fogel's Underground Price Guide drawing near (no really, this time it's true) I thought I'd give this thread a long overdue bump and share the pick of my Zaps (the last of which arrived yesterday):

ZAP8.jpg

ZAP7.jpg

ZAP6.jpg

ZAP5.jpg

ZAP4.jpg

ZAP3B.jpg

ZAP3A.jpg

ZAP2B.jpg

ZAP2A.jpg

ZAP1B.jpg

ZAP1.jpg

ZAP0.jpg

cloud9.gif

That was my childhood (mom-nun) to a "T"...x-tremely CLASSIC!

Here's a 1st printing, "Printed by Charles Plymell." It's not the nicest copy, but I'll bet a lot of these were passed around from stoner to stoner, who didn't care about "mint" condition, and I'll bet some copies ended up as a desperate substitute for rolling papers. I'm glad this one didn't get smoked.

Zap11stprinting.jpg

SWEEEEET copy none-the-less!

OK...a couple of questions...I have a lot of COOL scans showing up yet a lot of red-X boxes as well...are the red-X boxes censored by the MODs?

And, having said that...does not this thread clearly state to ALL ADULTS that this is an ADULTS ONLY web-thread...and don't peruse with your kids looking over your shoulder...and expressly implied NSFW etc etc...

Anyway, with the risk of offending (but, of course, not intending to) (btw, how can comic book fans/collectors be offended, in general, by anything along the comic book art etc. lines?) anyone, one of my most ALL-TIME CLASSIC covers of ALL-TIME!

41259-head01-cgc92-1.jpg

More to post when I get the time...

Here's a 1st printing, "Printed by Charles Plymell"... and I'll bet some copies ended up as a desperate substitute for rolling papers. I'm glad this one didn't get smoked.

:foryou:

th_plymell2_electricbugaloo.jpg

Where the hell is RedStick L.A.? (Am I outuvit? huh)

Stupid me...it's LA...

The Mowry Opera House Fire-Salvaged Plymells

(Neatstuff had these for sale, purchased from Apex Novelties publisher Don Donahue)

th_om_mowryplymell.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells4.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells3.jpg

th_ns_mowry_plymells5.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells7.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells6.jpg

th_ns_mowry_plymells2.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells1.jpg

I was hoping to see these at the Big Apple show since NeatStuff owns them, but they were nowhere to be found.

The Mowry Opera House Fire-Salvaged Plymells

(Neatstuff had these for sale, purchased from Apex Novelties publisher Don Donahue)

th_om_mowryplymell.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells4.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells3.jpg

th_ns_mowry_plymells5.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells7.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells6.jpg

th_ns_mowry_plymells2.jpgth_ns_mowry_plymells1.jpg

Wow!!! I guess they did get "smoked" one way or another. That's still impressive to see that many copies together.

Looks like they got Zapped... :o